Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tires
Still working on getting ready to run the geezer class at Sandy Hook in May. I'm wondering about tires. I have 2 sets of Goodyear Blue Streaks that appear to be serviceable (in fact 3 of them are unused), but I'm thinking that they may be worth more to someone who's doing a restoration than for me to go out and burn them up.

I would be happy to part with them to a good home (for a fair price, of course), but that would leave me needing new tires. I found the Vintage Speed website. Is there another source that I'm missing?
Gus Gustaffson's Vintage Speed tires are quite good, and Gus is a good guy worth supporting. The Cheng Shin tires sold by many shops are very good as well. Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer choice! Ted
Agree with Ted, have Vintage Speed on G/P, good tires .   Al
what sizes?
sell the goodyears they are worth a good bit to a restorer or guy who prefers running them.
you can buy brand new gus tires and still have enough money for a good dinner with the change!!
chern shins or gus tires both very good.
chens used to be cheap now not so much.
gus tires should get our support imho.
Dave L.
(03-14-2017, 08:42 AM)David Luciani Wrote: sell the goodyears they are worth a good bit to a restorer or guy who prefers running them.
you can buy brand new gus tires and still have enough money for a good dinner with the change!!
chern shins or gus tires both very good.
chens used to be cheap now not so much.
gus tires should get our support imho.

Sorry. The sizes are:

N.O.S. - one 11 x 6.00 - 5 & two 11 x 4.50 - 5.
Used -  three 11 x 6.00 - 5 & two 11 x 4.50 - 5.

One of the 6.00's has a whimpy bead that won't hold air without a tube. That's why I had to use one of the new ones (running tubeless) for one race. The rest of the used ones have four race meets on them (as I recall, but that was a long time ago and my memory isn't what it used to be).

The rubber depth on the new ones is 5/32". The used 6.00 with one race also has 5/32, in fact you can still see the mold line (which makes sense since the one race was was a sportsman sit-up on the Louden road course where there's not a lot of high G corners). The other two 6.00's have 4/32. The used 4.50's have 4/32 to 5/32.

So now I just have to figure out what a fair price is so I can list them for sale.