Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checking things over
Checking things over and I noticed this, see pic. It appears to be cast that way and the screw was nice and tight when I took it apart to clean everything up. Would this worry anyone? It was on a motor that had been ran so I'm thinking it will be ok but want to ask the people in the know. I think strokerace has one on ebay I can grab up if anyone thinks this should not be used. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aaron, the casting didn't "fill" completely in that area. I guess your choices are: (a) ignore it, (b) fill the void area with a smudge of Hysol 1C (now a Loctite product, available from McMaster-Carr) or © weld it up.

I think (a) would be best, or (b) if it bugs you, and even then wouldn't bother with the interior.

The Hysol 1C recommendation is based on a couple of excellent threads from the old forum, based on its resistance to methanol (I have no first-hand experience with it). JB-Weld would probably be better if it will only ever see gasoline.
You could make a plate that you thread with locktite , to put behind the bolt holes. Other than that , the reed plate and other reeds are held together by each other anyways, my 2cents.
just epoxy up the gap so it does not go thru reed cage, everything ok then, I would NOT weld it will warp the crap out of the reed cage
How is the DAP going?
Mike Berg
Thanks everyone. Mike, you will be happy to know that I got the dap put on my comet mach 1 kart yesterday. Need to get the digatron hooked up and get the clutch dialed in. Kart has new tires so it should move pretty good.
(03-08-2017, 05:55 AM)Aaron Kruger Wrote: Thanks everyone. Mike, you will be happy to know that I got the dap put on my comet mach 1 kart yesterday. Need to get the digatron hooked up and get the clutch dialed in. Kart has new tires so it should move pretty good.

Aaron, Are you coming to Delmar April 23 and bringing your son? I'm hoping to bring my Grandson to a first race to compete if I can get his Mother to agree to it.

Tom