Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Van Tech manifolds

Did they make different styles?  I found a completed sale one on E-bay and it is slightly different from the one I have.  This picture is the e-bay one.

Bob Alexander
(03-06-2017, 09:23 PM)Bob Alexander Wrote: Did they make different styles?  I found a completed sale one on E-bay and it is slightly different from the one I have.  This picture is the e-bay one.

Bob Alexander

yep there was a thin side feeder port (the open part) and a thicker side feeder port. i believe one was for standard series motor other was super series motor.
twin carb top was also available on both..
Dave L.
(03-06-2017, 09:29 PM)David Luciani Wrote:
(03-06-2017, 09:23 PM)Bob Alexander Wrote: Did they make different styles?  I found a completed sale one on E-bay and it is slightly different from the one I have.  This picture is the e-bay one.

Bob Alexander

yep there was a thin side feeder port (the open part) and a thicker side feeder port. i believe one was for standard series motor other was super series motor.
twin carb top was also available on both..
The earlier manifolds had the smaller third port opening. The newer Van Techs had the larger opening. Either will work on standard or super series Macs. As was typical, the second carb on the dual manifolds only fed the third port. Ted

P.S. Dave, you need to delete this car removal guy. I see the crap posts have already begun on our fledgling forum.
Bill VanTichelt   .......was into moto cross then got into and out of karting in the early 1960's .....he used the MC 9 to
build a small moto cross bike .

They made several McCulloch manifolds.....even a stuffer type .

Bill also went to work for Grant Industries......where he helped develop  crash helmets testing devices....a true icon
of the motorsports world .

Teds Van Tech kart .....recreated by Enzo aka Michael Burke....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)