Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCulloch Piston Chart
I saw today on FB that Steve Miller is rubbing together some old Mac parts and seeing what turns out.  Yeah, I know that's nothing new, but in this case he asked about piston dimensions:

"mc6 stroker piston questions .
putting together mc6 with a 7 crank have friend might have correct piston except were not sure what to look for ..anyone have pin height or from dome to first ring land ..specs ..can we see by eye the differences ..?? also lookin for mc10 stroker crank"

Turns out that Scott Kneisel made a chart last year, which he posted on the old forum (RIP).  (Dave Luciani may have had a hand in it, or may even have his own chart.)  Anyway I posted it here.  Thanks, Scott!
tap chart pix to enlarge

Attached Files
.pdf   McCulloch_Piston_Dims_ScottKneisel_2016mar12.pdf (Size: 9.53 KB / Downloads: 77)
Thanks Doug and Scott! I was wondering just the other day if something like this was available.

Ryan
Heres part of an old post in rear that has the mc10 stoker piston specs.
enjoy
Re: early Mac (Mc5) parts
[Image: icon_post_target.gif]by Tom Smith » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:22 pm
Hey all, the Mc-10 Power Kit Piston Assembly which is P/N 48833 by the way, is .0625" taller above the top ring groove, the ring grooves aren't moved. They are thin. Figure this out before you confuse yourselves more. 
Mc-10 Power Kit Piston P/N 48833 (std. bore) Mcculloch specs. Oversize are the same plus oversize.
above top ring - 2.1165/2.1170
below top ring - 2.1190/2.1195
bottom skirt - 2.1195/2.1200
The Mc-5/6 head gasket was increased to .080" in production line engines using P/N 48816 head gasket to reduce combustion chamber temperature.
Dave L.