Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
n1ke Kart
Well? A Breaking News first!

I was being the good Forum member and I was going to place my recent FB observations to the "Kart Brand" section. To my surprise, no NikeKart section! The kart was manufactured in Toledo, Ohio. (Note: Forum spelling change.)

I hope Ted Johnson see this post. He was the one that told me about the NikeKart, Toledo, Ohio connection and I seem to recall he brought such a kart to the 2014(?) REARs TBO. Maybe he can share a picture or two of this kart?

Quentin Haines quote: "That is more than I have ever read about the elusive, reclusive NikeKart. I hope your friends have some remembrances to share, too."

The picture I saw on the Facebook post...

My comment: My guess is winter 1962/1963 show season with the kart having skinny tires and with everything being a little older.

NikeKart (see pedals) kart was manufactured in Toledo, Ohio. I had some work done on my Speed Mobile kart (tension idler pulley throttle control system as a 9/10 year old did not understand) at a lawn mower shop on the same street as NikeKart Mfg. and I never knew that until recently.

Hmmm? A "past" project for today?

Found this ad and address...

Satellite photo...

NikeKart location. NikeKart building(s) appear to be long gone after reviewing street view, area is a parking lot. I think I found the Mower, name escapes me for now, shop building, but I thought it was closer to Laskey Avenue, thus the line reference. NikeKart and the mower companies were at close proximity...

Satellite map view,

Messages In This Thread
n1ke Kart - by Scott Elkes - 02-26-2017, 12:36 PM
RE: n1ke Kart - by ted johnson - 02-26-2017, 01:36 PM
RE: n1ke Kart - by Scott Elkes - 02-26-2017, 02:24 PM
RE: n1ke Kart - by Randy Dacus - 02-26-2017, 02:33 PM
RE: n1ke Kart - by Sterling Brundick - 02-26-2017, 03:52 PM
RE: n1ke Kart - by ted johnson - 02-26-2017, 04:17 PM