Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mc10 stroker crank questions
lookin for mc10 stroker crank .or suggestions on cranks that will work ..if any ..??
have lead on piston..
but might need one  also  if the gent does not have it ..
(02-25-2017, 11:30 PM)steve miller Wrote: lookin for mc10 stroker crank .or suggestions on cranks that will work ..if any ..??
have lead on piston..
Steve,
I have a beautiful NOS replacement type crank that will fit and has a 1.625 stroke with BB on both ends. In fact I was going to use that one instead of the factory stroker and when I got it all together it was slightly too wide and was binding up on the case. The crank is perfect, just needs to be ground about 0.050" narrower on the one end. I Just didn't want to get out my tool post grinder and set the thing up but I would sell it or trade it if you can't find anything else.
Scott
(02-26-2017, 02:34 PM)Scott Kneisel Wrote:
(02-25-2017, 11:30 PM)steve miller Wrote: lookin for mc10 stroker crank .or suggestions on cranks that will work ..if any ..??
have lead on piston..
Steve,
I have a beautiful NOS replacement type crank that will fit and has a 1.625 stroke with BB on both ends. In fact I was going to use that one instead of the factory stroker and when I got it all together it was slightly too wide and was binding up on the case. The crank is perfect, just needs to be ground about 0.050" narrower on the one end. I Just didn't want to get out my tool post grinder and set the thing up but I would sell it or trade it if you can't find anything else.
Scott
The crank has been scooped up by another, you snooze you lose.
have lead on piston..

steve, they are mega hard to find.
mc20 cranks can be made to work.
if you want to build a mc10 with a mc20 crank you'll either need to use a latter inner cover or go pointless on spark.

Scott K very politely posted that i am wrong.
he is rarely mistaken so i did a cross through.
 please ignore my late nite bad advise. Huh
Dave L.
(03-01-2017, 10:06 PM)David Luciani Wrote:
have lead on piston..

steve, they are mega hard to find.
mc20 cranks can be made to work.
if you want to build a mc10 with a mc20 crank you'll either need to use a latter inner cover or go pointless on spark.
Not to be too contrary, an Mc20 crank has a longer stroke by 0.010 which isn't much but could be just enough to put that top ring out of the bore. The Mc20 crank is also wider between the bearings and has a 6204 bearing on the PTO which has a larger inner and outer size so the crank would also have to be ground to fit the 6203 bearing that the Mc10 uses.  Hardly worth the work and expense.

Incidentally I got the factory stroker crank I am using at TBO last year for a super low price because it had some damage on the flywheel taper and a wallowed out hey slot , The rest of the crank is like new. I guessed a flywheel came loose. I was able to clean up the taper and lap the flywheel so not it fits tight and isn't going anywhere. I just biased the flywheel to the advanced side of the key slop and tightened her down to 400 in-lbs.

These cranks can be found if you know what to look for, the annular rings on both counter weights are the thing to spot.
Steve, I sent you a PM.  Brett.