Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poulan S-200
Anyone familiar with a Poulan S-200 kart engine? 
I found an old Poulan H-200 saw and wondered if there was any commonality. 
According to acresinternet the H-200 saw is 5.01 c.i.
Thanks.
(02-19-2017, 02:03 PM)Tim Exley Wrote: Anyone familiar with a Poulan S-200 kart engine? 
I found an old Poulan H-200 saw and wondered if there was any commonality. 
According to acresinternet the H-200 saw is 5.01 c.i.
Thanks.

If memory serves, the S200 kart engine was 5.8 C.I., and considerably better than the smaller S100. TJ
I have a good friend Ron Chaffin, from Port Clinton Oh that used to run Poulans back in the day....he was competitive on his home track,,,thats the only one I've ever seen....

Ron is still in karting today building Briggs and clones for modern racing,,,he never go out of karting since 1960...

gw
Tim,I have a pair of S-200 kart engines and I can tell you the cases are different then the ones used on their chainsaws (sort of the same deal like with the Homelite Zip saws VS the kart motor)

[Image: 015_zps1thrytip.jpg]
(02-21-2017, 05:23 PM)Mcarl haydt Wrote: Tim,I have a pair of S-200 kart engines and I can tell you the cases are different then the ones used on their chainsaws (sort of the same deal like with the Homelite Zip saws VS the kart motor)

[Image: 015_zps1thrytip.jpg]
Thanks, Carl. I was going to pick it up only if it might be applicable as parts for the S-200 and someone was still fooling with them. Many great resources on this forum.
Tim,I'm not sure how much of the "bolt on's" can be used on the kart motors? Things like side covers,the spark plug cover (I need 2 of them!) would have value to someone with a kart version. Just not sure about the crank,rod ect.