Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(F.B. Repost,Scott E)Karting World's (March 1961) - Power Products AH-58 Modification
Scott Elkes uploaded a file.

Karting World's (March 1961) - Power Products AH-58 Modifications and Review
(Article / Photos by: Jim Butler)
I wanted to get a Power Products AH-58 engine after seeing my friend Betty Rothman's big brother Bob was running his kart, reverberating along the building walls on the school parking lot during one summer. I was running a PP AH-47 or 51 on my kart at the time--started saving for an AH-58.
It was the autumn of 1962, I finally got my AH-58 and running it in the yard a couple of times before winter set in. I loved the power!
When spring of 1963 rolled around, I came across a good deal on a used 1961 Dart A-Bone with a McCulloch Mc-7. On the first kart drive at Crescent Raceway, totally disappointed with the kart, LOVED the Mc-7. I never fired up the AH-58 for immediately I packed up everything (except the Mc-7) and went to one of the kart shops with my dad. We unceremoniously, like all racers, traded my rides... the 61 A-Bone, Simplex kart, AH-51 and AH-58 for a new-used 1963 Dart Grand Prix. I was missing the Simplex/AH-58. However, after mounting on the Mc-7 on the Grand Prix and taking it to the track. All was forgotten, now having a great ride!

.pdf   KW Mar1961 PP AH58.pdf (Size: 7.57 MB / Downloads: 24)

p.p motor list specs
Dave L.