Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GEEZER VINTAGE KART STORE CHALLENGE
2/13/2017

DAVE HAS BEEN RAISING REASONABLE CONCERNS ABOUT THE ONGOING EXPENSE OF MAINTAINING THE FORUM.  

FOR A VERY VERY VERY LONG TIME FORUM FOLLOWERS HAVE WONDERED IF DAVE WILL EVER RESURRECT THE FORUM'S KART STORE.   I WOULD LIKE TO PROPOSE A CHALLENGE THAT DEALS WITH BOTH ISSUES.

BARNESVILLE STARTS ON MARCH 16.   IF DAVE CAN GET THE STORE UP AND RUNNING BY MIDNIGHT MARCH 15 WITH AT LEAST 50 INDIVIDUAL ITEMS ( A "SET" COUNTS AS ONE ITEM - PALMINI ITEMS CAN COUNT AS TWO), I WILL CONTRIBUTE $50 TOWARD RUNNING THE SITE.   THE ITEMS DON'T ALL HAVE TO COME FROM DAVE'S STASH, IF OTHERS ARE INTERESTED IN USING DAVE'S ALTER EBAY.

OTHER GEEZERS ARE WELCOME TO MAKE "PLEDGES" TO GET DAVE TO CONCENTRATE ON THE IMPORTANT STUFF (REALLY - MUSTANGS & SUCH WHEN KART PARTS MIGHT MAGICALLY APPEAR!).  STRUCTURE YOUR CHALLENGE ANY WAY YOU SEE FIT - FEWER OR MORE ITEMS, DIFFERENT AMOUNTS OF MONEY, DIFFERENT START OR END POINTS FOR THE ITEMS LISTED.

WE JUST NEED TO FOCUS DAVE'S ATTENTION ON THE IMPORTANT STUFF.  IF THE KART  STORE GETS UP & RUNNING, DAVE COULD CHARGE OTHER USERS A REASONABLE FEE THAT COULD GO TOWARD THE FORUM EXPENSES.

I AM TOLD THAT IT JUST TAKES THE PROPER MOTIVATION TO GET THINGS ACCOMPLISHED.  THIS SEEMS LIKE IT'S WORTH A TRY (UNLESS DAVE DECIDES TO THROW ME OFF THE FORUM FOR THIS)
ouchy
Dave L.
heres the way I see it....

if he wants to sell stuff ,,,he will....if not ,,, he won't,,,,,, dozens of guys have hoards of karting stuff they won't sell,,,whats so different about David,,,,

gw
Dave

This wasn't intended to be an ouchy.   We all have too many projects (some are even fun).   This is actually a double edge proposal.   One it is to see where your store ranks on your list.   The second point is to see if the complaints about your lack of action are real and people will put their money where their mouth is or (as usual) they are just giving you a friendly jazzing.   When money man GW doesn't put up a money challenge, it's pretty clear where this is going.
Wow only one month? One would have to suspect that almost all the leg work would already be done for the most part. I understand people want to see this happen but that may be a bit extreme. Just my thoughts.
Blaine.......

the only time I challenge some one money wise, is when I REALLY want something,,,,I usually have a number in my head and stop there...

pssssttt...........he'll never sell anything......LOL

with all that mafia blood he don't need the small change kart parts will get him,,,,LOL

gw
We currently have 327 members registered.

Need we say more ? Dave and Brian......have provided a place to find what's wanted and what's could be for sale .

The content is up to you to post, as long as it's about Vintage Racing Karts and what the Vintage Kart Community is out there doing.......Big Grin .

Too bad we lost the other Forum, but we've moved on ........now back to teasing Dave over those Texas estate items he's sitting on .....
go ahead tease away.
meanwhile i just got done today started at 6 am went to work till two the up to dead shop till 7 wrappiung up wood trim to move.
tomorrow i gotta dig out my cousins trailer to get stuff.
if i get time i gotta pick up the car i got my daughter at auction and maybe take some pix of stuff for a buyer of car parts. then theres the tree that fell over moms during the storm i gotta cut up.
but if i get time i'll start typinf some ad copy too!!!

btw what is this word mafia yer using gary??
Dave L.
(02-14-2017, 08:57 PM)David Luciani Wrote: go ahead tease away.
meanwhile i just got done today started at 6 am went to work till two the up to dead shop till 7 wrappiung up wood trim to move.
tomorrow i gotta dig out my cousins trailer to get stuff.
if i get time i gotta pick up the car i got my daughter at auction and maybe take some pix of stuff for a buyer of car parts. then theres the tree that fell over moms during the storm i gotta cut up.
but if i get time i'll start typinf some ad copy too!!!

btw what is this word mafia yer using gary??

[Image: 4619.gif]
..carl ..just be thankful we don't live near there ..in the last 2 years since texas sale there musta been 100 storms and twice that many trees down in daves ma,s yard and driveway .. Lol ..hehehaha ..

hhhmmm if dave sawed all them down trees into boards he coulda built 120ft by 90ft shop .. wait jeeez don't get him on another project ..