Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mc6 sloper intake
...looking for sloper ..??  (angled) intake for mc6 ..cash or trade ..
Is it any different from the reed 458 intakes?
Like this one?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-04-2017, 12:28 PM)Brian Santee Wrote: Like this one?

iim not sure brian .,  I no theres what I call a long intake for like 91 series 49,s etc.. then there the short kind like 6.,20s ,30s ..
The reed 458 intake does not clear completely on the short type intake.

Info Time:

The Short Mac Intake Area:

The Bare block is a 91, the yellow is a 1-41 saw. The saw block is the same intake style as the Mc6 ect.

The Reed 458 Intake on each block. On the 91 the intake has no obstructions at all. While on the saw block the intake passage is partially blocked.

Gem Intake. The Gem intake clears the intake area on both blocks without issue.

Gem Intake vs Reed 458. Reed 458 is on the left and Gem on the right

Reed 458:

Gem Intake:

Steve,you are spending way too much time and money on this Mc 6 and you're never gonna beat her with one of Scott's engines. lol
(02-04-2017, 12:09 PM)steve miller Wrote: ...looking for sloper ..??  (angled) intake for mc6 ..cash or trade ..
I made the 458 work on Dave Luciani's Mc10 by building a deflector baffle plate and it works quite well as can be seen by the performance of that engine.

Gee, now I wanna build another Mc6 since Laura has my best one now.

I am building an Mc10 though to run in historic. I painted the covers today it was so beautiful.  I'll be gunnin' for you two!!

Personally I have had the best performance on the small intake engines using the older straight up reed manifold or the Mc45 manifold. They are especially good for engines with the 3rd port wall removed and 9 ported. Those manifolds do a good job feeding the boost ports.   Now I am giving away all my secrets.
dang im gonna be only one with stock stroke engine ..
Lol ..
daves 220 over stroker 10
bobs mc6 with mc7 crank and mc70 piston
loras stroker 6
scotts gorilla 10
then me stone stock mc6 with small flat back corner store pump gas ..
or I could fix up a 10 ..this one looks race ready only needs points cover ..lol

[]     []    
(02-18-2017, 09:37 PM)steve miller Wrote: or I could fix up a 10 ..this one looks race ready only needs points cover ..lol

[][]

Gee, a little kart bird said something about an Mc7 crank??