Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
karts
Looking for opinions on best handling rear engine kart and also the best bang for my money,looking @ several dart ,simplex ,lancer and invader sidewinder! Thanks  Earl
Best handling factory REARs I've driven are Go Kart 1200 and Bug Sprint. You have to be a bit "compact" to be comfortable in the Go Kart 1200. Lots of guys like the SAE, Satellite-seat Foxes and the Cates karts. You need to beg, borrow or steal rides in several karts in order to make up your mind which chassis suits your unique style and size. Ted
if you end up with sidewinder ..I don't think you can not beat invader or an emmick ..
If you want the best handling 68 Bug, the last of the rear engine design......this is the one !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The rear Randy is showing can win anywhere at anytime.
is that an extended bug or just a nice front porch addition?
typically i have trouble running bugs as they are a tiny bit tighter than the gk's for me.
but that front porch looks like it would make a huge difference in drivability!!
Dave L.
You can't go wrong with the Invader for a sidewinder.If you want something comfortable and sticks to the track the Invader is it!
David that is not a front porch. that is the Welte style front bumper to protect your feet so you walk home at the end of an event. The stainless steel Fox pedals give you more room than your GK 800
I sure do love driving my Dan Lotz '65 SAE reproduction.

Dan (and now his brother, I believe) made/make these in the "longer" version and they fit me as a 6' driver very nicely.

Jerry Solt customized virtually all his karts to fit the buyer, so a "longer" version is era correct.

Besides, they usually put MCP brakes on these guys, which takes futzing with brakes off the table.
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA