Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brain teaser for GW
blaine gem made an adapter plate for the mac 30 and mac 40 intake for single hl carbs.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-03-2018, 06:35 PM)chuck giacobbe Wrote: blaine gem made an adapter plate for the mac 30 and mac 40 intake for single hl carbs.

Why would GEM or anyone make a single carb adapter plate for a Mc 30 intake manifold? It came from McCulloch as a single carb setup with stud spacing for the flatback which is the same as the Tilly HL series. Maybe you are thinking of the dual carb adapter Agricast made for the 30 manifold???
Do you have a picture of the GEM part that goes on the Mc 30 base? Maybe they made a piece that eliminated the third port passage and forced all incoming charge to go through the reeds so the manifold could be used on a 9 ported engine???

The photos posted above are of a Mc40/70 dual carb manifold with the single carb adapter installed. That is not the same base as the 30 version.
Steve O'Hara
typically so many people read the guidelines and then try to find that one manifold that may give them an advantage. It's ok. One can do that while everyone else just does what they are supposed to do and run on of the specified manifolds and reeds that sets one back maybe 50.00 if you have to buy it all. I typically run all sportsman karts so I look at this all a bit different than some others. It took 2 years of arguements and pleading to get the manifold/reed setup specified in the guidelines because before that some people would argue that anything smaller than a V 12 was small. Lost some friends at some events but then maybe they weren't friends after all. It all depends on which side of the fence one wants to be on.
(01-05-2018, 02:01 AM)steveohara Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 06:35 PM)chuck giacobbe Wrote: blaine gem made an adapter plate for the mac 30 and mac 40 intake for single hl carbs.

Why would GEM or anyone make a single carb adapter plate for a Mc 30 intake manifold? It came from McCulloch as a single carb setup with stud spacing for the flatback which is the same as the Tilly HL series. Maybe you are thinking of the dual carb adapter Agricast made for the 30 manifold???
Do you have a picture of the GEM part that goes on the Mc 30 base? Maybe they made a piece that eliminated the third port passage and forced all incoming charge to go through the reeds so the manifold could be used on a 9 ported engine???

The photos posted above are of a Mc40/70 dual carb manifold with the single carb adapter installed. That is not the same base as the 30 version.
Steve O'Hara
thanks steve i stand corrected you are right pic shows 40 intake i thought the were the same.
(01-02-2018, 07:36 AM)Gary Wlodarsky Wrote: Blaine...

pester me,,trust me,I have enough people pestering me,,some fun,,,some not so much...

I mean it pretty obvious that manifold would not raise any red flags...

beside you've bought 80% of all the kart related stuff on ebay for the last couple years,,,my guess is you have plenty of parts to make karts for what ever class you want to run...which brings up a question,,are you finally gonna get in a kart this year,,,could be fun, be careful...

Hey Gary,you are a BIG target but I won't pick on you.lol.