Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW CASTLE RECAP
147 entries , 48 show karts,  approx. 200 karts on the premises.  40 of the entries were yamaha. Folks came from California to Maryland and abroad. A few showers Thursday delayed the track from opening until noon but we extended practice til 6pm .   Rest of the days were dry and hot with a breeze. A welcome party was held Thursday nite food and beverages provided by the Dismores and myself.  One heat was run Friday followed by a kart show and an awards banquet at night. Hall of fame inductees were Kyle Adkins, Sonny Gerber and Bud Bennett.  Special recognitions were given to Steve Welte , Don Renton and Vico (the 12 year old who built his own kart).
Drivers and crew members lined the pit straight and were able to meet and shake everyones hand.  Pippa Mann a young lady who drives Indy cars was there participating and Tony Stewart stopped in to check out the scene.   
Many new faces were there and many old faces were not due the health and family issues. Prayers go out to those in need of healing.
Thanks to all who came and supported the event, without you there would be no vintage events .  Thanks to the Dismores and the crew that operate their great facility. Thanks to the VKA for all they do for our sport.  More info will be in the VKA newsletter.
   God Bless America

Sherri and Jeff Brown
Great job Jeff and all of the others that helped run the event.
The California gang managed to blow up everything we put on the track but no worries, we still had a great time and look forward to next year.
Thanks for putting on a great event.
Steve O'Hara
seems as though Vintage Karting is alive and well...Jeff ,Sherri and crew did one heck of a job controlling 147+ entries....like Jeff said, many many new people,,,many top quality show karts,,,biggest show we've had in the last 3-4 years...maybe the biggest ever....tuff judging ,,,thanks to Romero Liamas, Robert Cain and Sonny Gerber for assisting with the kart show ...

Jeffs next event is Camden,,,be there,,,,,hopefully we will bring out a couple of new karts,,,for show and go......bring it on you West Coast Mafia,,,LOL

gw

gw
..want to give jeff and crew a big thank you ..
it was the first time for me ..
definitely will not be the last ..
Great event and great facility. Already on the list for next year.
i gotta say Jeff has the best event in my experience.
before the West coast guys get all mouthy about that statement i will disclose i've never been to any of their events.
Maybe next year i'll be able to get out to Cali. and see how they do things.

Anyway was happy to get back out to New Castle this year.
 i probably ran the slowest kart competing (stock mc49) which was "interesting" to be kind to myself.
Thursday was great even though we rolled in late. the Heat was off the charts friday but saturday was definitely best day all around.
we all had a blast and we'll be back.

Cool
Dave L.
Nothing compares with the Newcastle facility out west. Adams has a great tradition but the facility is not even close to Newcastle. Entries have slipped a little in recent years at Adams as I recall. There have been some years where the entry count was well over 100 but never close to the size of NCMP 2017.
Steve O'Hara
thank you Jeff for what you do. It is not easy putting all that together. All the rows of karts and canopy's and friendly people just blow you away when there. I really enjoyed putting the Video together with the interviews. I hope it shows people just how cool that event can be even in the heat. It proves when you weren't there that you want to be there next year. Crack that 150 entry barrier next year!
Sorry I missed this event but things happen. I plan to be there next year with bells on,oops I mean Komets on. I just don't want to blow any more Macs! I was hoping something could be changed to help that situation at New Castle.

GREAT JOB SHERRI AND JEFF! See you at Camden.
Thank you Jeff,
Like always it was a fantastic event, the best ever!!
Scott