Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not exactly kart related/my profession
I thought I'd share a video of part of what I did at S&S Cycle. This is an area where I worked as a professional engine builder. I was the person responsible for setting up all the test data for the 64 different kind of engines they built. The end of the line test facility was my test baby to find the data to pass or fail engines. If someone add the wrong cam or a push rod was set wrong or a ring was installed wrong the test had to kick that engine out. A bad gasket blocking an oil passage or any incorrect part has to be found before it goes to the customer. It took me over 2 years to get the Data correct. I retired in 2008 and this was shot in 2010. It looks easy but it was very challenging. These engines are not being fired. They have electronic transducers in the spark plug holes to read cyl. pressure. This is a cold test. My other job was to man the phones with the customer base world wide to solve all the Dealer and customer problems with the engines or motorcycles.

S&S Cycle Engine Assembly with Wally Cahill - YouTube

[size=undefined]Wally Cahill asks S&S engine assembly supervisor Travis Egge how the S&Sperformance engines are put ...[/size]

Messages In This Thread
Not exactly kart related/my profession - by steve welte - 02-01-2017, 10:59 AM