Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GEEZER INITIAL BARNESVILLE REPORT
As I listen to the thunder and the TV reports of local TORNADO WATCHES, 60 MPH WINDS, 2" HAIL, AND TORRENTIAL RAIN, I am reminded of a wise saying of the late Jimmy Dean.  "Dance with the one that brung you."  At last year's Barnesville ONLY 2 OF THE PARTICIPANTS agreed with the loudmouth nonparticipant's internet proposal to change the Decades old Barnesville schedule to accommodate him.  Over 80 PARTICANTS basically said, "If it's not broke don't fix it."  I pointed out that the proposed change moved the event into the spring shower and TORNADO season for Georgia.   Touchdowns of twisters have already done serious damage in Georgia this year.
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are supposed to dry up.   Temperatures are forecast to be MUCH, MUCH, LOWER THAN LAST YEAR!

Today's threatening weather made it impossible to get a sense of what the changed schedule, reconfigured track, and high travel expense will do to turnout.  Tomorrow should be more instructive in that regard.

Smokey

Messages In This Thread
GEEZER INITIAL BARNESVILLE REPORT - by Blaine Robert Young - 04-06-2022, 06:33 PM