Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAD software for personal use??
To the engineers and draftsmen in the ranks:

I’ve been thinking a lot about having some of the early McCulloch square head gaskets made in several thicknesses.  For some time, I have been aware of a particular online firm that makes items to order, though I haven't yet ordered from them.  They provide a free, proprietary CAD software which I downloaded and used to draft the gasket, of which I’m pretty proud, hahaha, but I honestly have no idea if their price quote for a small batch of gaskets is reasonable or not, and their software is, understandably, not enabled to output files that are useable by other machine shops. 

So, my question is this...  Is there a CAD software out there that meets the following requirements:

A) Available for purchase at a reasonable price for my occasional, personal use, mainly for waterjet, but possibly for simple lathe and mill projects as well.

B) Able to export standard file formats that can be to be presented to any competent machinist or firm for the purpose of quotation or to place an order.

I know its a weird question...  But I expect that there's a non-zero chance that one or more of you knows of a solution.

Thanks for listening!

Kurt

.jpg   55012_65626.jpg (Size: 1.12 MB / Downloads: 36)
.jpeg   55012_65626_2.jpeg (Size: 767.13 KB / Downloads: 26)

Messages In This Thread
CAD software for personal use?? - by Kurt Bogerman - 04-17-2020, 09:34 PM
RE: CAD software for personal use?? - by Paul F - 04-18-2020, 06:42 AM
RE: CAD software for personal use?? - by Paul F - 04-19-2020, 08:03 AM
RE: CAD software for personal use?? - by Paul F - 04-19-2020, 10:33 AM
RE: CAD software for personal use?? - by Paul F - 04-20-2020, 07:12 AM