Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The shortest distance between two points...
Good evening, all.  I hope you are well. (These days, especially, it's more than just a polite remark!)

I recently acquired a MC10 "clone" engine that has not been run before in it's current configuration.  For various reasons, I've opted to disassemble it and make a couple changes before firing it up.  One thing I noticed is that the bore of the connecting rod's big end is not centered.  It is noticeably biased to one side.  I thought it might be interesting to hear some opinions about whether or not this is "within the manufacturer's specifications", or if it is a "defect", and if it has any detrimental or supplemental characteristics.  Maybe it's just an aesthetic issue, and I'm reading too much into it.  For what it's worth, my thought was to install it so the thicker side bears down against the crank through the power stroke.  Also, I'm not sure if this will have any geometric effects in the same vein as an offset wrist pin.  Any thoughts?

Here's some pictures:

.jpg   big end.jpg (Size: 392.47 KB / Downloads: 83)

.jpg   IMG_20200307_130329.jpg (Size: 3.58 MB / Downloads: 74)

.jpg   IMG_20200307_130420.jpg (Size: 3.74 MB / Downloads: 72)

Messages In This Thread
The shortest distance between two points... - by Kurt Bogerman - 04-04-2020, 07:42 PM