Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiseco ported/blueprinted/modified engines?
Jeffrey, don't forget that there is a whole lot of vintage karting that doesn't conform to VKA. There's quite a few non-racing events for guys who are retired from racing, or who are smart enough to know that old bones break easily, and that they may not be as fast as they think they are (or were). Events such as TBO and Tucson are just as fast as the race events, and are a lot cheaper to run. I no longer restore old karts, because I don't fit on them. Both my current karts are rear engine, vintage style with engines, wheels and such that would've been available in the olden days. Some race events would let them run, as they look vintage and have vintage power, but some would not. I guess it all depends on what you want to accomplish. I want to ride, as fast as I dare, with a bit of comfort and a lot of reliability. I design my frames on CAD to look vintage and to meet the rules of the days that the karts look like they might have been from, but I move my steering wheel up and forward to clear the larger mid-section. Remember, if you're not as fine a wheel man as Terry Ives, Lake Speed, Lynn Haddock, Mark Dismore and others, you can still have nice machinery and have a blast on track!
As for the Stinger front porch, there were a few styles, but the main difference is that some had short porches with feet behind the axle like mine did. Some had long porches with feet and pedals in front of the axle.  Ted

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wiseco ported/blueprinted/modified engines? - by ted johnson - 02-13-2020, 05:02 PM