Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiseco ported/blueprinted/modified engines?
I just picked up a Bug Stinger with a K88 and two 91A motors, these got rolled into a garage in 1972 and were not touched again until a month ago when the original owners grandson inherited them. He was willing to sell them for a good price, and since I was looking for another K88 to work on, I got them. Here's the thing... The original owner was from Toledo Ohio (same as Max Klinger) and bought all of his parts/engines from Wiseco. I actually have a receipt and three catalogs (68, 69, and 70-71) from Wiseco where they went through the one 91A and ported it out, set it up with a GEM V12 and twin HL194A carbs on alcohol, blueprinted the Horstman Slip-O-Matic clutch, and sold him an expansion chamber (no name on the invoice and I have no clue as to which brand it is, will have to post pictures on here when I can find my camera) and a set of Eliminator tires. 

This is what has me wondering. I didn't start racing karts until the 80's on an old Panther X with a Flathead on the dirt (Thanks for the lifelong addiction Steve Poole...) and moved into running at Summit Point very quickly with a 93B1 on the kart. I know about Wiseco making pistons, but I didn't know that they actually had a kart shop and did blueprinting. Is anyone familiar with the work that Wiseco did? I popped the intake off the engine to start going through it to get it all cleaned up and back ready to run, and I can see where they have done some cleaning and some radius work on the ports on the block, but I was wondering how far they went with the Macs. Anyone have any information on this?

Also as a side note, and this is a little embarrassing... I might be selling the kart soon as I found out that my 6'2" 220 lb frame will NOT fit in the seat on the kart, and my legs are all up in the steering wheel to the point that I can't turn the wheels. Seems people from back in the 70's were a lot smaller in size than I am... Totally original kart in unrestored condition, Nylite wheels,  H/A brakes, Eliminator slicks, etc... Let me know if there is any interest in the kart.

Messages In This Thread
Wiseco ported/blueprinted/modified engines? - by Jeffrey Sligh - 02-10-2020, 07:00 AM