Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTB original early BUG mechanical disc caliper
Thanks Ted....I just finished a 1960 "Cool Cart" and installed the Palmini brake system, the early mechanical type would not fit the frame without the adapter piece installed on the frame (factory).....mine had the flat plate, all fits good with the Palmini.....now I have a second one to finish!.....I'd send you a photo, but don't see a way to on this "reply".......Frank

(07-24-2019, 08:11 AM)ted johnson Wrote: Frank, remember, if you're going for period correct, the Palmini juice brake was around only through the '60 model year. In '61 the switch to the Trophy mechanical brake was made, and they were used from the beginning of the '61 year. I sold a lot of Bugs back then. Even my VERY early '61 Wasp had the mechanical brake. Ted

Do you have a clear photo of the trophy brake?.... I seem to be getting a lot of mixed opinions of what a "Trophy" brake is.....The early mechanical Bug brake as I know it has three fins and rests on a block welded to the frame.

Attached Files
.png   Bug Mechan Brake.png (Size: 35.18 KB / Downloads: 7)

Messages In This Thread
RE: WTB original early BUG mechanical disc caliper - by Frank Davis - 08-04-2019, 05:28 PM