Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W.T.B. Rev Grip West Bend clutch innards
Sounds, good, Dave. If I ever get the clutch housing done, I may take you up on a writeup. Ron Cubel did some nice machining, and a lot of vintage guys have come through with parts and information. If it isn't 200 degrees tomorrow, I should get the last of the axial clearances figured out. So far, so good. It was a hoot. I figured out where our drive gear ended up axially on our output shaft in relation to where the gear would end up if it were mounted on a Mac shaft. Got out there this morning before it got too hot. I was hoping for the gear face to be within .100 of where it ought to be. It measures out .005 from theoretical! Big Grin  Ron did a good job, and Tom Kelley had the Mac tapered end dimensions perfect. The thing ought to run very well. Here's a pic of the support plate, clutch housing and output shaft/drum assembly on a spare engine block.
P.S., you can just see the very nice seal installation bullet Brad Emery machined for us. Slick! Ted

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: W.T.B. Rev Grip West Bend clutch innards - by ted johnson - 07-14-2018, 08:59 PM