Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W.T.B. Rev Grip West Bend clutch innards
Well, Dave, I know from experience that turbine aircraft engine oil is very good in clutch housings. It's expensive. When I was in Idaho, I was at the airport every weekend helping the builder's group build 13 Kitfox Series 7 airplanes. I met guys who flew jets and turboprops, and one of them gave me a couple quarts of the $30+/Qt. oil. I haven't got that connection any more. A number of guys run compressor oil with good success. Terry said to run the gear oil. I haven't heard anyone tell of experience with synthetic ATF, but I know better than to run petroleum based ATF in the clutch housing. I may well decide to run the same lube in clutch housing AND gear case. It'd be easier just to have a single oil on hand. If the humidity ever lets up, I will go out and do some trial assembly for final fitup. So far, so good. Brad Emery kindly made me a seal installation bullet so I can get the output shaft through the big ball bearing and the seal. It'll get passed around to the other guys who use the Cubel/Johnson/Bennett gear drive setup. I gave the bullet it's trial last night, and POP! right through like a champ. Now, if all the tolerances stack up right, we'll be golden. Ron Cubel did a great job of machining to my CAD output. Ted

Messages In This Thread
RE: W.T.B. Rev Grip West Bend clutch innards - by ted johnson - 07-13-2018, 10:49 AM