Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
L&T clutch
Tom,

You may have to find a spring supply company and source out some lighter springs as I doubt the current owners L&T will have what you need.
Here is a source that might have what you need...
http://www.leespring.com/browse_catalog....r=354&1=Go

You will want to look for springs with the same OD and free length as the standard springs but a wire diameter that is smaller by around .010. If you go that route you may want to order a couple sets, one being .010 smaller wire and another .015" smaller wire.
There are many materials available and I don't know what the properties are of the different materials so you might want to contact the supplier and seek some guidance by telling them what they will be used for and that they will be exposed to plenty of heat. I suspect some materials can take a lot more heat than other before they anneal and lose their shape.
Steve O'Hara

Tom,

You may have to find a spring supply company and source out some lighter springs as I doubt the current owners L&T will have what you need.
Here is a source that might have what you need...
http://www.leespring.com/browse_catalog....r=354&1=Go

You will want to look for springs with the same OD and free length as the standard springs but a wire diameter that is smaller by around .010. If you go that route you may want to order a couple sets, one being .010 smaller wire and another .015" smaller wire.
There are many materials available and I don't know what the properties are of the different materials so you might want to contact the supplier and seek some guidance by telling them what they will be used for and that they will be exposed to plenty of heat. I suspect some materials can take a lot more heat than other before they anneal and lose their shape.
Steve O'Hara

Messages In This Thread
L&T clutch - by tom dandes - 05-29-2018, 09:32 AM
RE: L&T clutch - by steveohara - 05-30-2018, 02:41 AM
RE: L&T clutch - by tom dandes - 05-30-2018, 10:44 AM
RE: L&T clutch - by tom dandes - 05-30-2018, 12:54 PM
RE: L&T clutch - by steveohara - 06-02-2018, 12:10 AM