Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My most treasured kart part
Since it is Thanksgiving here's a kart related story about something that happened to me that I am thankful for.I believe that things happen for a reason and when 1 door closes another one opens. 2 years ago I talked with a guy from Oklahoma that was bringing a large trailer load of karts, engines and parts to Quincy to sell at the vintage kart event. He said he would be there at 2:30 on the day before practice and if I was there I could have a look. I was there but he never showed so I went next door to the gas station for a drink. I went outside and sat on a bench facing the track to wait for awhile in case he was running late. As I sat there I heard cries coming from under a car in the parking lot. It was very hot that day and as I walked towards the car a very small 6 week old kitten came running up to me. I picked her up and went back inside and also over to the track to see if she belonged to anyone. Anyone that has been to the track knows that there is a very busy 4 lane highway and only the track and the station there. We had just lost one of our beloved cats to cancer and I was thankful to be there at that point in time to probably have saved this little girl's life. The guy never showed up but what I  ended up with was much more valuable to me than anything he could have had in his trailer. The name of my most treasured " kart part" is Quincy.

Messages In This Thread
My most treasured kart part - by Tom Day - 11-23-2017, 07:49 PM
RE: My most treasured kart part - by Mark Loraine - 11-24-2017, 06:58 AM
RE: My most treasured kart part - by Jim Waltz - 11-24-2017, 04:57 PM
RE: My most treasured kart part - by Mark Loraine - 01-01-2018, 07:04 PM