Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EVENT CANCELLED Chris Sahagian Memorial Vintage Karting Play Day @ THOMPSON SPEEDWAY
Hi guys, after a discussion with my girl friend last night and after talking with Dave Luciani and reading Chucks post this am I've decided to rename our event  the "Chris Sahagian Memorial Vintage Karting Play Day".
I'm sure he will be smiling down at us at the event! RIP Chris!

Ted's off in cali playing with his vintage dragster.
so naturally he has little time and access to post. he asked me to do the update so here goes.
dave l.

directions to track

Track info
[url=http://www.thompsonspeedway.com/][/url]

Chris Sahagian Memorial Vintage Kart Play Day
Track Fee's
$ 50.00 driver pass includes insurance no limit on kart entries
$ 10.00 observer spectator pit and/or pass crew pit pass 
People can arrive before 8 a.m. but gates won't be open till 8 a.m. unless track people are already there.
plenty of room to park and wait.
there is gonna be an EMT onsite with ambulance.
it cost a ton but we'd rather they nap all day rather than use them!!

Engines start at 10 a.m.

Here's how we'll run day.

• current plan is same open track time in skid pad area.
  • we'll have at least one grid running the big track enduro style probably after lunch so late arrivals don't miss out.
  • as it's a play day we expect you to have fun
  • BUT we still require full tech especially any karts running the big track. unsafe or unprepared karts won't get to run so do your prep work NOW.
  • driver meeting will be at about 9.30 a.m. even though it's a playday attendance is mandatory.

• lunch at noon 
    engines off bench racing startsconcessions may be open but plan well . bringing your own lunch would be a good plan.
  • 12.30 we'll discuss how we'll run the big track get an idea of who is going out there.
  • 1.00 pm engines can lite back up skid pad track will be open
at some point we'll send out the enduro crowd for at least one grid. any sprints wanting to run the enduro track are well advised to add fuel storage capacity.
the main straight is almost 3.000 feet all by itself total big track is roughly 1.7 miles long.

• 5 p.m. Picnic Style dinner 
7.00 donation for dinner is being asked but if you're totally broke we'll feed ya.
hot dogs hamburgers and probably italian sausage made by T.T. with peppers and onion.
chips and picnic sides too.
if you want a beer with dinner bring your own in fact bring one for the cook too it'll get you up a place or two in the chow line!!

Messages In This Thread
EVENT CANCELLED Chris Sahagian Memorial Vintage Karting Play Day @ THOMPSON SPEEDWAY - by Ted Tine - 09-10-2017, 09:30 AM