Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mcculloch Kart engine on ebay
General for all;
Again I assert that this is one of gawdawful engines that widgacar sells on eBay that didn't make it to its destination as Chuck has revealed..
The classic tells are there, the fabbed motor mount, the horstman dxl clutch missing oil drain fill plug/ missing the starter nut....etc The seemingly new paint including the wrinkle black he's done in many past alleged kart/saw conversion engines. He's also had some funky looking fabbed intake manifolds as like the one shown. Only rarely sells 100 cc model with removable head, instead always goes for the one piece cylinder saws 80cc or less and pretties them up and sells for way bigger money than they should. Claims to rebuild with all new parts, but never shows them or the model stamped into the block. Usually sold the 80cc engines with the large BDC carbs with either rock guards or rubber Velocity stacks.
Just the fact he's using the 7/16" instead of the 3/8" length spark plugs in the round heads should tell you he's one to avoid. He buys the non-chrome wide rings like the 55123, from a supplier in Greece some of you have seen on ebay. and you'll never see an exhaust port photo with the alleged new parts. His followed follie fubars are legendary in my book and was extensively covered on the old site that has limited postings. The concern I've established is so that people not in the know may avoid such sellers and turn more to the forum here to trade with established well regarded engine builders too many to list that could never stoop to the level I've described here.
Thanks for your time.
This post may be edited or updated in the future.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mcculloch Kart engine on ebay - by Paul F - 08-16-2017, 09:18 AM
RE: Mcculloch Kart engine on ebay - by Mark Loraine - 08-16-2017, 11:22 AM
RE: Mcculloch Kart engine on ebay - by carl haydt - 08-18-2017, 05:08 PM