Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karter Video Interviews and Chats
(08-15-2017, 12:37 AM)Randy Dacus Wrote: Shawn.....thank you, Steve and Sandy for all the special video, interviews, racing perspectives that your family has
gifted us with .

The history of karting, the people involved is very important, we just lost some very special folks, it would be nice if we
had video along with the old pictures to remember our friends with......what you are doing and have done is very much appreciated !

I had just talked to my friend Brian Sheridan, he told me about going to the Sugar River Event......I checked out your You-Tube channel and sure enough I got to see a bit of the action and Steve chatting with Brian.......very special !

Thanks Randy.  Dad and I have been talking about doing this kind of thing for a few years and Bill McCormak was pushing us to do that and some more behind the scenes stuff and in the pits as well.  We've enjoyed sitting and listening to the old stories and some of the guys are great story-tellers especially when they get together.  I've often said that I need to get a recorder for some of that.  As you said, we lost quite a few here recently, and their stories likely went with them. 

I think our video with Brian was a real good one, as was the ones with Jim Ryder, Terry Walters on the IKF 1966 Grand National win, and Terry Ives.  The one with Vico and his dad is very good as well and has been quite popular with the number of views probably to see someone that young getting into vintage karting and understanding what its about.  Hopefully we will see Dick Teal at some point here even if its not at the track to chat about old times with him as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Karter Video Interviews and Chats - by Shawn Welte - 08-15-2017, 02:24 PM