Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ebay Caretta "Rant" oh well !
You can blame Dom, since he finds these Caretta's wherever they're lurking, my "Rant" is how do these sellers get 
a Caretta in the first place and have no idea that they are Caretta's in the second place .

The seller thinks he has a Vintage "Dart Kart" for sale !

" Dart Go Kart Mid 60's with Mcullagh engine and aluminum seat gas tank."   NOT !

Of course on closer inspection, you find the condition of the Caretta is very bad.....but since many of us "lust"
for a Historic Ingels/Borelli original Kart, we have to decide if the asking price is worthy of the chase ?

For me this Caretta cloaked in Dart listing and being on the west coast is tempting, but if I asked Enzo, "What do you think ? "

I'm sure he would say, "Don't bring it over here for me to restore"......Ooops !

According to Dom ....Caretta's of this vintage are pretty straight forward construction, but ask someone who's had to
bring one back from the black hole......to do it as they deserve.....it's not for anyone but a super restorer......and when you finished the restoration how much cash or sweat equity is truly involved ?

This Dart/Caretta needs to find a new home, but are you ready for the effort ?  

Vintage restorations it's all about the passion, it's not an investment .....unless you just have to have a Caretta !

Heart

In case you are in for the chase ....the one on ebay is the maroon looking piece.....be careful !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
ebay Caretta "Rant" oh well ! - by Randy Dacus - 08-09-2017, 04:52 PM
RE: ebay Caretta "Rant" oh well ! - by Jim Waltz - 08-09-2017, 07:40 PM