Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update with Brian Sheridan
Jim...restoration, Brian had to replace some tube in the rear under the engine mounts but everything else was stripped
down for welding and powder coat .

The original tubing used was not very heavy walled, so over the years there was some corrosion inside .

The Kurtis Kart is going to the museum along side the famous Kurtis Indy car......at the Indy Speedway .

Even the wheels on it were original, Brian's searching to find some era correct knobby tires, he also replicated a correct steering wheel, so it will appear to be as it was when new .

He was able to get accurate details from the Kurtis son who did the original welding on this very kart, they were amazed to know this prototype survived .

When the Kurtis factory went into bankruptcy, another story which involved another famous engine manufacturer that
I'm not to elaborate on in public, we believe most of the prototype vehicles were cut up , so how this one survived is
something that maybe lost to history .

Notice the NOS quarter midget power plant, when finally finished it will be a nice piece of Kurtis Kraft history, as well as Vintage Karting's beginnings.

Remember Art Ingels was building race cars at Kurtis Kraft when he fabricated his original little car / cart .

The blue production Kurtis image is I believe the kart that Brian first purchased and restored......but I'm not positive,
as I have a few images in my archives ?  The other image is one of the half midgets they produced .

Here's a picture of Chuck Lipka and Tom Kelley at Adams, the guys that made the long haul out and back....as a bonus they brought my Welte 68 Bug to me Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Update with Brian Sheridan - by Randy Dacus - 08-06-2017, 12:05 AM
RE: Update with Brian Sheridan - by Jim Waltz - 08-06-2017, 04:23 PM
RE: Update with Brian Sheridan - by thomas kelley - 08-06-2017, 10:22 PM
RE: Update with Brian Sheridan - by Randy Dacus - 08-07-2017, 02:56 AM
RE: Update with Brian Sheridan - by steve welte - 08-07-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: Update with Brian Sheridan - by Randy Dacus - 08-08-2017, 01:15 AM
RE: Update with Brian Sheridan - by Randy Dacus - 08-09-2017, 04:08 PM
RE: Update with Brian Sheridan - by Jim Waltz - 08-09-2017, 07:34 PM
RE: Update with Brian Sheridan - by Randy Dacus - 08-23-2017, 10:25 PM
RE: Update with Brian Sheridan - by Jim Waltz - 08-24-2017, 09:15 AM