Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update with Brian Sheridan
Many of you know Brian Sheridan, racer, manufacturer, engineer, vintage kart restorer  .

Every now and then he calls to update me on his latest project, so a few days ago out of the blue I get this hey buddy call.... Big Grin  .

Back in January just before the race at the Adams Track in Riverside, Brian was restoring a Kurtis Kart .

I've forgotten all the details, but some pictures were posted on the Forum and a discussion on the early Kurtis Karts
began, Tom Smith noted there was an oldie on craigslist for sale near me in Sacramento .

I searched for it, but for some reason the listing disappeared, reappeared, long story short we finally made contact with the seller . Brian thought there was something unique about this Kurtis, it just looked like an old quarter midget chassis
that had seen better days to me, but Brian wanted it and so with help from Terry Ives, Tom Kelley and myself a deal was made !

After discussing the details with the Kurtis family, it has been determined this particular Kart may have been an early prototype, Brian thinks it was the third one they fabricated up as a kart chassis .

After many hours of restoration the Kurtis is almost finished.....he had it out for display at Sugar River, along with
his other Kurtis and Hell Cat Kart .

Steve Welte has been doing interviews and posting video on his You Tube channel so here's a link to check out
when he caught up with Brian :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvvuahQ8EmM

In the video Steve didn't show us any pictures of Brian's restoration Kurtis under the tarp......I'll update when there's more progress .

You'll notice the condition as found and delivered by Terry at Riverside, anyway enjoy the video and Steve's chat with Brian .....plus there's more interviews with other vintage guys !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Update with Brian Sheridan - by Randy Dacus - 08-06-2017, 12:05 AM
RE: Update with Brian Sheridan - by Jim Waltz - 08-06-2017, 04:23 PM
RE: Update with Brian Sheridan - by thomas kelley - 08-06-2017, 10:22 PM
RE: Update with Brian Sheridan - by Randy Dacus - 08-07-2017, 02:56 AM
RE: Update with Brian Sheridan - by steve welte - 08-07-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: Update with Brian Sheridan - by Randy Dacus - 08-08-2017, 01:15 AM
RE: Update with Brian Sheridan - by Randy Dacus - 08-09-2017, 04:08 PM
RE: Update with Brian Sheridan - by Jim Waltz - 08-09-2017, 07:34 PM
RE: Update with Brian Sheridan - by Randy Dacus - 08-23-2017, 10:25 PM
RE: Update with Brian Sheridan - by Jim Waltz - 08-24-2017, 09:15 AM