Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WALTZ "LOANER" MINI BIKE BUILD
Gas tank mount.......

I found a cool old-school cylindrical tank with a cool cap.

The tank also came with a mounting bracket that was cut off of a lawn mower or some sort of machine.

I took a close look at the bracket, and realized that I could trim the asymmetrical bracket so as to make it symmetrical.

In addition, a couple of holes drilled in the bracket for its prior mounting method could be welded up by using a copper plate to back up the hole.  A welding trick I learned on line.  Worked beautifully.

Then, a small plate could be welded across the bottom of the top frame tubing, and the tank mounting bracket bolted to the plate welded to the frame.  In particular, the bracket was stamped such that it provided for the tank being mounted so that the tank was slightly tipped forward such that the cap was slightly elevated and the tank outlet being located at the bottom of the tank, and at the opposite and lower end of the tank from the fill cap.

The final installation had a neat, interesting and quite functional look to it - like it was made just for the dual, v-arranged top frame tubes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA

Messages In This Thread
WALTZ "LOANER" MINI BIKE BUILD - by Jim Waltz - 07-29-2017, 07:16 PM
RE: WALTZ "LOANER" MINI BIKE BUILD - by Jim Waltz - 07-29-2017, 08:13 PM
RE: WALTZ "LOANER" MINI BIKE BUILD - by Jim Waltz - 07-29-2017, 09:06 PM
RE: WALTZ "LOANER" MINI BIKE BUILD - by Jim Waltz - 07-29-2017, 09:31 PM
RE: WALTZ "LOANER" MINI BIKE BUILD - by Jim Waltz - 07-29-2017, 09:47 PM
RE: WALTZ "LOANER" MINI BIKE BUILD - by Jim Waltz - 07-29-2017, 10:26 PM
RE: WALTZ "LOANER" MINI BIKE BUILD - by Jim Waltz - 07-29-2017, 11:03 PM
RE: WALTZ "LOANER" MINI BIKE BUILD - by Jim Waltz - 07-30-2017, 06:19 PM
RE: WALTZ "LOANER" MINI BIKE BUILD - by Jim Waltz - 08-01-2017, 02:03 PM