Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MC91B1 rod, piston, wrist pin assembly
My question is about removing the wrist pins (and then reinstalling them). I have a MC49 that I want to swap piston's. I've looked through the available IPL's and documents here, but I can't find a repair manual that goes into the depths that I need to, or describes the process to remove the wrist pin and install a new one. I've found a tool set on ebay. It says for 2.125 piston's, so figured that would work. Or could I do it like most of my projects/builds, and do the "garage dad" method and use a vise to press it out. I also saw some youtube videos on heating up the Rod. Is there a manual or documentation to describe the process? Is a tool absolutely required? Do I have to use a press? The tool is like $60 and a cheap press from Harbor Freight is about the same price. Like most builds, I try to save a penny everywhere I can. I'd hate to spend $120 on tools that I cant use, and don't know the correct procedure to remove the wrist pin, and then install the new one. Thanks for any help Y'all can provide.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MC91B1 rod, piston, wrist pin assembly - by Ryan Courts - 05-13-2020, 04:26 PM