Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac saw engines
These saws were for professionals who wanted solid reliability and top performance. In East Central FL in those days, hundreds of subdivisions were being carved out of the pine forests and palmetto stands. These "land clearers" didn't mind paying for a unit that would run for a whole season without overhaul. Most of these guys carried points, plugs and diaphragm kits in their toolboxes so they could refresh carb and ignition in the field. Pop and I sold many, many Mac and Homelite units in the late fifties thru the sixties. Most of these guys would carry several air filter elements so  they could just change 'em out and keep going. They'd clean them after the day's work was done. The cabinet shop across the street from the lawn mower/kart shop had an electric chain sharpener. He could've just done that all day instead of making cabinets. Pop was a whiz at hand sharpening chain. I had a friend who was knocking out blanks for flywheel pullers by the dozen. I'd drill and thread them by hand and sell them for a couple bux. I always gave one out with each new saw I sold. I learned a lot about two cycle engines in those days that served me well in my kart racing and in the kart shop. Ted

Messages In This Thread
Mac saw engines - by Terry Bentley - 05-05-2017, 06:08 AM
RE: Mac saw engines - by Terry Bentley - 05-11-2017, 10:47 AM
RE: Mac saw engines - by Sterling Brundick - 05-12-2017, 03:35 PM
RE: Mac saw engines - by ted johnson - 05-12-2017, 04:14 PM
RE: Mac saw engines - by Terry Bentley - 05-19-2017, 11:14 PM
RE: Mac saw engines - by Terry Bentley - 05-20-2017, 02:47 AM
RE: Mac saw engines - by steve cox - 10-01-2017, 02:51 PM