Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYDAY ANNOUNCEMENT at Thompson Speedway an interesting old racing track in Ct
i was asked about rules for the event.
We will be using VKA guidelines as per usual with minor modifications.
We are considering inviting a few modern karts to fill out the ranks for this event but we'd rather keep it pure vintage if possible.
Since it's more like a playday than a full event tier two of VKA guidelines are probably what we're using.

We will also be setting up an information table for the Clubs so if VKA and VKCA would be kind enough to provide some hand outs it would be great.

The main purpose of this and future events is to get Vintage Karting more exposure .
If we get enough people who want to do race grids we certainly will try to accommodate the drivers wishes .
We are definitely having a kart Show and will try to have trophies ready though the time frame is pretty tight.

Right now it would be nice if people would contact me with any interest in going even as a spectator.
Also since we have more karts than drivers it's possible we can arrange a kart loan to qualified drivers.
And finally we are considering food after but aren't sure of interest so we are asking for comments.
For this event i think the old school i'll provide and cook the burgers everyone else bring something might be best bet.
Cool
Save
Dave L.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYDAY ANNOUNCEMENT at Thompson Speedway an interesting old racing track in Ct - by David Luciani - 04-21-2017, 01:33 PM