Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCulloch New Gasket Installation
Hello Everyone,

I'm working on replacing the gaskets on a MC101A/A and a BDC-14 carburetor and was hoping to get a little pro advice. I've taken everything apart and cleaned the mounting surfaces and the carburetor thouroghly. I read recently about prepping the gaskets by applying or soaking them with WD-40 or oil or maybe even electronics grease in order to help prevent leaks. The thread also discussed applying a very thin coat of gasket sealer to the stuffer and manifold gaskets for added leak protection. I thought I bookmarked the thread but unfortunately I didn't, and now I cannot find it here or in the archives of the old forum. 
My questions to those with experience are, what type of oil is best to use on the gaskets; mixed two cycle fuel, straight two cycle oil, Marvel Mystery Oil or some kind of electronics or silicone grease? Also, what type of gasket sealer, if any, should I use on the manifold and stuffer gaskets? Most of the new gaskets are Fel-Pro type and some of the carb gaskets are of the black, pliable felt/paper type. Lastly, I have all new gaskets except for the circuit plate gaskets; is it ok to reuse these and if so should I prep them in any way?

Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone that can offer any tips and/or advice...

Messages In This Thread
McCulloch New Gasket Installation - by Vince Rosanelli - 03-25-2017, 12:13 PM