Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nassau Team Photos (1960 World Championship)
(02-20-2017, 08:46 AM)Scott elkes Wrote: Karting World (March 1961)

Nassau Team Photos article.

I threw in a few Nassau-related items. Seems some things do not change. For many, you'll know it when you read it.

Give us a shoutout is you know anyone in the pictures. And, perhaps share a favorite story about the person?

Note: If the pictures look grainy or like looking through a window screen, zoom in. These are high resolution scans and will show great details as you zoom in. (True for all scanned documents that I have shared).
It was nice seeing the Nassau pix. The pic of the Homelite team shows Al Keller. He was an Indy driver, and also won the first NASCAR race ever won by a foreign car (a Jaguar), and owned our local speedway. Pop and I got him started in karting, because he let us run at his speedway on weekends, and during intermission at the Saturday night stock car races. Pop put Al in his Bug Wasp, and Al fell in love with karts. He was a good friend to all of us Brevard county karters. Ted

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nassau Team Photos (1960 World Championship) - by ted johnson - 02-20-2017, 12:20 PM