Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gear box post by Scott Elkes (swiped from facebook)
Scott Elkes uploaded a file in the group: British Historic Kart Club.
3 hrs ·

I thought you chaps with the USA brand karts like a look at gearboxes (single speed) that were available in the 1960s in the USA.
(Note: I have placed a variety of scanned documents--tech items, personalities, major race events--in the "Files" tab at Facebook "Vintage Kart Club of America (VKCA) if you want to see more.)
Update to Gear Box Stuff (USA)—neat addition.
There seems before there was Dyna Drive, Helix, Margay gearboxes, there was “Torque Drive!”
Anyone out there with a vintage Torque Drive? Or raced using the Torque Drive?
Scott Elkes
18-February-2017
Previous...
I have several Brazilian vintage kart friends wanting to learn more about the gear boxes used in the middle 1960s in the USA. I provided photos, ads, and did my best to describe the internals, how gear ratios were changed, along with the Pros and Cons between the brands. With the help of Jack Meeker we located Karting World's Dyna-drive and Margay (Mar-Kart) Tech Review articles. I received the scanned articles in the eMail today and prepared this PDF file.
Scott Elkes
30-January-2016
(Key word search reference: Dyna-drive, Pro, Helix, Margay (Mar-Kart) gear boxes, Torque Drive)

.pdf   Gear Box Stuff Update.pdf (Size: 17.73 MB / Downloads: 44)
Dave L.

Messages In This Thread
gear box post by Scott Elkes (swiped from facebook) - by David Luciani - 02-18-2017, 12:07 PM