Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PVL coil advice (820 Power Bee)
I'm with Steve. Back in days of yore, there were a couple trigger setups used. I was running foreign open at the time, and didn't pay attention. I wish I had. I've yet to have a PVL fail, but it's an expensive failure! We need a simple "no-machining" solution, documented and videoed so all the guys can do it easily. C'mon, electronics wizards!
Kevin, I bought a 10" long .012 feeler gauge about 40 years ago. It's still in the toolbox. Anything between .010 and .015 is O.K. for coil lamination-to-flywheel-magnet gap, but I like the .012 as it gives a little margin of safety.
BTW, here's a short vid on timing the electronic ignition West Bend with a degree wheel and light. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGI9Za3t25I  Also, Bill McCornack once wrote a concise article for one of the vintage association's magazines, showing exactly how to install a module on a Mac. I saw it on Google, but can't find it now. If anyone has a link to this article, it might be nice to show the newer crowd how to hook the unit up. I don't know how well the Mega Fire unit works, but I'm sure some of our crowd can chime in. Ted

Messages In This Thread
PVL coil advice (820 Power Bee) - by Kevin Davis - 06-17-2018, 04:33 PM
RE: PVL coil advice (820 Power Bee) - by ted johnson - 06-21-2018, 07:35 AM
RE: PVL coil advice (820 Power Bee) - by Tom Day - 06-27-2018, 07:12 AM