Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Vintage Karts down again?
Steve,
your videos are great. i was watching them and said i gotta post these.
this new forum software is stupily easy to post the videos and i always get a kick outta using it.
i wish things had gone different when i was talking with Gary who owns vintage kart.
if the membership and content there could've been combined with the extra features here we'd have the best of everything.
as it is the site is going ok.
i haven't done much lately as there is a possibility this forum may be evolving again this year. not certain how that'll play out but whatever brian and i do it'll be to make things look or work better.
thats enough blathering.

on the vintage karts forum. my guess is kevin is gonna do something over the weekend to fix whatever went wrong. he does the repairs in his free time so we need to be patient and remember to thank him.
dave l.
(01-18-2017, 08:47 PM)steve welte Wrote: Good buddy Dave beat me over here by an hour or so. By the way Vilo was on our face book page a few months ago.

Good, I'm glad Vico had nothing to do with it. i guess I reacted to it too quickly!
Fatal error: Call to undefined function main_menu() in /hermes/bosnaweb13a/b236/apo.vint19/forum/lib.php on line 2801
No luck with the old site yet?

R.G.Cain
Hi Guys,
Very Sad News.

Update on old site.

the server people were unable to restore the old site so as of right now it's gone.
Kevin G. however has NOT given up and is now trying a different direction.
Brian had made a static copy of the old vintage site. we are giving Kevin the copy and he is going to do something with it.
not sure exactly what but Kevin is pretty good at fixing so keep your fingers crossed. i suggested if the site is gone that they update the software. not sure what they will do i'm sure kevin will if possible.
i also made kevin an admin on this site so he can look over the inner workings of the vintage kart america site.
that's all i got
Dave L.

Kevin, if you're out there, we're all rooting for you to be successful!!

Let us know what we can do in return... somebody to do your taxes?  Shovel your driveway?  Mow your lawn?  (Disclaimer: we reserve the right to have certain forms of compensation performed by, ah, subcontractors.)
Dave thanks for the update......it's sort of like our old (home) caught on fire, now we are sifting through what remains
and it doesn't look so good......so now we are reaching out to those that have snap shots of the way it was to recapture those (good old days) ....or in this case .....the essence of the old Vintage Karts Forum .

Nice to have Kevin here to help Brian.....maintain this body of work.......plus everyday you see the core group signing up
here .

The big problem is that many of us had our contact information in the Private Message section, so it's hard to ask questions or find parts on that level without having those PM's available.

It was time for a change , but life caught us off guard......seems that's the way it goes......ready or not....everything changes with time !
(02-18-2017, 01:11 PM)Randy Dacus Wrote: Dave thanks for the update......it's sort of like our old (home) caught on fire, now we are sifting through what remains
and it doesn't look so good......so now we are reaching out to those that have snap shots of the way it was to recapture those (good old days) ....or in this case .....the  essence of the old Vintage Karts Forum .

Nice to have Kevin here to help  Brian.....maintain this body of work.......plus everyday you see the core group signing up
here .

The big problem is that many of us had our contact information in the Private Message section, so it's hard to ask questions or find parts on that level without having those PM's available.

It was time for a change ,  but life caught us off guard......seems that's the way it goes......ready or not....everything changes with time !

first kevin is just gonna be a guest on this site as far as i know.
i made him an admin for ACCESS to our back room and how it's set up.
if he likes it he is welcome to use any part of what we used or made for an updated forum software. that is all.

on the pms,
i'm not sure if pms were copied or not.
as i understood it we were trying to save content.
But if the pms were saved maybe we can figure out how tro get them to their owners. probably a huge impractical job but i'll ask.
Dave L.
I prolly don't need all 4425 but the last 1000 even 500 would be awesome ..lots lots phone numbers lost ..address messages about deals etc ..

this place seems to be pretty nice ..get few 100 more folks and in time should be about same as before ..?? right ..??
that is the idea steve.
originally this was Brians practice web page build.
we then added the store for kieth that's when i rolled in.
that worked really well while we ran it.

we've been waiting years for the owner to revamp the old vintage site.
he never did so we decided we would build him a replacement forum with what we already had here.

Brian used new modern software and it seemed like a good idea.
at one point brian and i did discuss the possibility of just taking over the old forum.

we were already doing all the work and it seemed he never even went onto the forum.
but the owner had a different view about letting go so we ditched that idea.

it was never our intention to replace the forum we just wanted updated software.
then the do/do hit the fan , we rolled with it and built up this forum just in case.
as it turns out it was good that we did.
Dave L.