Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orville East Coast Vintage Nationals.
WOW,
I HAD A blast.
The Orville Kart Club held their second vintage race this last weekend.

As usual Orville produced a stellar event.
And why shouldn't they the track has been around since forever and their YEARS of experience shines through.
there was at least forty drivers up from 30 last year  (their very first vintage event).
The Event well run not a single track issue.

The interesting part was most of the vintage drivers there aren't seen Anywhere but the East Coast.
there were even some at their very first vintage event ,drivers that have the equipment from years ago who are EXCITED to get to run again.

That's not to say they aren't fast or experienced , they are all of that , just new faces to vintage local to the area.
While nobody was out to win at all costs they weren't shy about driving to the limits of their machines potential.
Possibly the best grid was the rear engines , with several serious drivers duking it out for the checker.
The yamaha grid was probably equally exciting but i prefer the older karts myself.

Orville applied the Upper East Coast idea of one fee for multiple grid entries.
This encouraged multiple kart entries by lowering entry costs.

This year many of the drivers (New and old) brought more than one kart to compete.
This single pay multiple entry fee produces more kart entries and makes for a far more interesting event spectator wise.
Plus it is appealing to vintage kart owners that have multiple karts but a small pocketbook.

There was a kart Show with some absolutely beautiful entries.
Hopefully Rolf H. or Karl G.will jump in and provide the names and karts of the winners in the kart show.
i was too busy with carb issues to see who won but i definitely would've hated having to judge.
i would've never been able to pick a winner the best karts were that well done.

The catered food on saturday was stellar with a menu of Grilled Chicken , Ziti , Potato salad, noodle/veggi picnic salad , green salad , chips and prezels.
Way more food than you could want too.

On the "race grids"
Last year Orville basically had the yamaha class and rear engine class.
For a first year event that was really good with about 30 drivers attending.
as the word got out this year More drivers scheduled going to Orville and the event was well attended.
Orville added ten more drivers this year a 30% increase.

There was a decent field in historics , sidewinder straight axle , sidewinder y-axle , yamaha competitive and exhibition , even a couple of c-open duals.
There were so many rear karts that the field was split for the heat race grid.

When it was all over there were even trophies for the winners.
the trophies are something i don't see as needed but i'm in the minority.
Hopefully Alex will step in with the race results and Maybe on of his excellent race narratives.
i can report on the event but he's great with describing the actual track action!!

All in All it was a well run action packed fun event.

respectfully
Dave L.
(09-18-2016, 12:35 PM)David Luciani Wrote: WOW,
I HAD A blast.
The Orville Kart Club held their second vintage race this last weekend.

As usual Orville produced a stellar event.
And why shouldn't they the track has been around since forever and their YEARS of experience shines through.
there was at least forty drivers up from 30 last year  (their very first vintage event).
The Event well run not a single track issue.

The interesting part was most of the vintage drivers there aren't seen Anywhere but the East Coast.
there were even some at their very first vintage event ,drivers that have the equipment from years ago who are EXCITED to get to run again.

That's not to say they aren't fast or experienced , they are all of that , just new faces to vintage local to the area.
While nobody was out to win at all costs they weren't shy about driving to the limits of their machines potential.
Possibly the best grid was the rear engines , with several serious drivers duking it out for the checker.
The yamaha grid was probably equally exciting but i prefer the older karts myself.

Orville applied the Upper East Coast idea of one fee for multiple grid entries.
This encouraged multiple kart entries by lowering entry costs.

This year many of the drivers (New and old) brought more than one kart to compete.
This single pay multiple entry fee produces more kart entries and makes for a far more interesting event spectator wise.
Plus it is appealing to vintage kart owners that have multiple karts but a small pocketbook.

There was a kart Show with some absolutely beautiful entries.
Hopefully Rolf H. or Karl G.will jump in and provide the names and karts of the winners in the kart show.
i was too busy with carb issues to see who won but i definitely would've hated having to judge.
i would've never been able to pick a winner the best karts were that well done.

The catered food on saturday was stellar with a menu of Grilled Chicken , Ziti , Potato salad, noodle/veggi picnic salad , green salad , chips and prezels.
Way more food than you could want too.

On the "race grids"
Last year Orville basically had the yamaha class and rear engine class.
For a first year event that was really good with about 30 drivers attending.
as the word got out this year More drivers scheduled going to Orville and the event was well attended.
Orville added ten more drivers this year a 30% increase.

There was a decent field in historics , sidewinder straight axle , sidewinder y-axle , yamaha competitive and exhibition , even a couple of c-open duals.
There were so many rear karts that the field was split for the heat race grid.

When it was all over there were even trophies for the winners.
the trophies are something i don't see as needed but i'm in the minority.
Hopefully Alex will step in with the race results and Maybe on of his excellent race narratives.
i can report on the event but he's great with describing the actual track action!!

All in All it was a well run action packed fun event.

respectfully
Dave L.

Under line and bold print Fun
you got it gordie.
d
Very Nice
List of winners & participants to be posted as soon as I receive them  Smile