Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIGP
Information 
gotta keep it alive,,Rock Island Grand Prix

Labor Day weekend Rock Island Il

sounds like we are gonna have 20 25 Vintage this year,,maybe more....be part of the fun and excitement of premiere street race in the USA 

gw
(08-27-2016, 06:55 PM)Gary Wlodarsky Wrote: gotta keep it alive,,Rock Island Grand Prix

sounds like we are gonna have 20 25 Vintage this year,,maybe more....be part of the fun and excitement of premiere street race in the USA 

gw

Got one alley kat dual ready to test fire in the morning. The other will get done Monday morning. About a 75 mph ride on that street course. Our 4th year there. It is a blast. We aren't really racing on this course. We are just showing the modern people what Vintage karts can do. Try to get bunched up a bit and pass back and forth and just have fun.
i'll be there.
though right now my truck is not ready i have an exhaust manifold to reinstall.
the first try was a fail as i forgot to tighten the nuts in the pattern.

i'm not sure which kart is going i am considering bringing the gk800 with mc10 as it runs reliably.
i'd rather bring the margay but it's got brake issues not sure if i have time to sort them out.
regardless we'll have a blast.
dave l.
(08-27-2016, 06:55 PM)Gary Wlodarsky Wrote: gotta keep it alive,,Rock Island Grand Prix

gw

Going to run that 101 there?
MacDaddy Racing
(08-29-2016, 12:54 PM)Bill Johnson Wrote:

gw

Going to run that 101 there?

Bill...its going on the Stinger as a spare kart.....,,,,really don't know if it will get run,,,it maybe tilll Barnesville next year,,,just don't run that class very often,,,,

I'm sure that motor will ROCK...

gw
important question at least for me.
which helmet rule are they following?
05's are still ok or newer helmets only?
need to know if i gotta go shoppin
d
(08-29-2016, 10:26 PM)David Luciani Wrote: important question at least for me.
which helmet rule are they following?
05's are still ok or newer helmets only?
need to know if i gotta go shoppin
d

Dave,I think you will need at least a 2010.

Hey Guys, Roger sent me an email yesterday asking that anyone planning on running the RIGP please enter online so they can plan for us better. as of now he is planning on running the opens as 1 group then the other 2 classes together but scored separately.
Dave, go on the RIGP website, click on competitors then click on rules and under safety there is a list of approved helmets.
Hey Guys, all vintage racers are invited to the awards ceremony at 7pm after the races.