Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
well here i am dave l
well,

this has been an interesting month.
way more change then i usually like.

so here i am administering a Brand New forum with alot of neat toys.
hopefully it'll be to everyones liking.
we'l see.

second;
Info on the cuddebackville vintagekart reunion fall event.
i haven't commented on the event in a while.
the track had informed me the date we thought we had has been given to a different race group.
i have waited for info but got none.
now i have found out why.

the track has picked a new vintage promoter.

his name is rick keller and he's from L.I. and he's been a karter for many years.
he assured me he knows how to run kart events.

he will be handling all the details for the vintage race and show.
i don't have contact info permission so my best advise is call the track for more info.

as far as the fall date goes Rick has assured me it will happen.
exactly when seems to be a problem .
when he gets time i suppose he'll let me now when the event will be happening or maybe he'll post it here.

on why i became a guest on the vintagekarts forum.

i can't answer that as i haven't talked to the owner of the forum.
i woke up on wendsday , tried to sign in and discovered my account had been deleted.
it seems that brian and i were sent into permanent time out that's all i've got.

Kevin Gagne will continue to administer the forum.
from what i last heard gary will keep the forum open no worries there.

dave l.
Well maybe I'll just join you. Kinda tired of some things anyway.
Dave, good to find you here and one day I truly hope to find you at an event as well to say hi. When I began to research an old classic era kart buried in my garage late last year, I constantly found myself coming across your name. Search to search, site to site, it seemed obvious to me that you knew your Margay karts. I got that one reconditioned and running and soon thereafter I got hooked on the vintage karts after seeing all the wonderful looking restored karts on the other forum. Since April, I have been lucky to acquire my Simplex MKII, Blitz F-1000 and my Margay Concept 1 Sprint carts (and a couple more 80s era karts?. With some work and some money (when it comes along and doesn't get gobbled up taking care of my three teenage kids) I will definitely be making it to a couple of events to share, learn and have fun.
It seemed like it was a lot of work, volunteering to administer what seemed like an antiquated forum and running smoothly but you did a great job. Looking forward to some of the new features here. Thanks for all of your efforts.
ok..here we are,,what do we do now,,,,

gw
hmmm,
what do we do now
i don't know bicker about posts, complain about high prices wish we had more time to go toi events.

i suppose i could lie and say this is a "better" forum that solves all the problems we had on the other one.
but i doubt anyone would believe me!!!

this forum does has more function.
 so i suppose the first thing everyone should do is go to the picture section and see how it works for you.
it's set up so each member can have his own pictoral corner where you can post any pictures you may want to share.
the Whole forum supports pix but the pix section is alot like photobucket without the ads.
if it's a kart related item please ad a little text or blurb below.
Moving forward the forum will be setting up a section for each vintage event so we have pix of all the fun we've had at them.
something alot like rear engined kart and VKA already do.

as soon as i figure out the links i also have a utube channel ready for use .
that has to be in utube for several reasons.
the biggest is that video content is just too big for the forum to host.
but more importantly it'll gather up all the ecelent videos we make in one place easy to find.
also it gives us another area of the internet to show the world what we do and why.

on the calendar:
the forum would like to have all the events appear on the calendar that's in the top right hand corner of the header.
the main calendar is accessable to event promoters by asking an administrator to ad their name to the list and provide the password.
any promoter can use the calendar as long as they provide current proof of insurance for their event and make it clear which rule set VKA or VKCA they are using.
if they are running promoter options they will need to post them in a thread on the forum.

another thing we have planned is modifying the calendar we currently host.
if all goes as planned everyone will be able to PRIVATELY personalize their calendar.
that way you can see when events are before planning ANYTHING else in your life
bwa ha ha Cool
that's enough for now i have a truck to fix
dave l.