Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy CRAP
SIX GRAND for a Neal with a single PP58? Scott K does fine work on motors, but try $2500-2800. Much more realistic. Someone has been watching too much BAT! TJ
yep...things( people) are getting insane.....

motors for 2500...

but then again...I have over 5k in my McCulloch 200 restoration...and it will not go on BAT,,,prolly hang in my Man Cave,,,other than a few shows,,,

gw
GW, the n1ke sits in the shop. Nearly new Chrysler Libberton boost port 610, dual alky Hank Rotroff carbs on a V-12, very nice Dyna Drive with the clutch oil housing that Ron C. and I designed. very solid magnesium Go Power wheels and a still-nice powder coat job. Nobody wants to pay $2800 for a kart that will certainly outrun and out handle a Neal with a 58 PP on it. It'll end up sitting out there collecting dust. It'd make somebody a great REAR kart, but nobody wants to pay the money. Hope to see you again one of these days. I miss the Fremont gang. Ted
Why would someone go to so much trouble restoring a kart and jack the steering all up? That just about kills it completely for the appearance. Looks like the steering shaft was from an Emmick in the eighties.

I wonder how hard that shaft is to get out? Maybe knock the bushings out to get enough clearance to angle it away to clear.
Most Neals came with a 1/2" steering shaft, so the buyers were forced to switch to 5/8" in order to pass tech. There were a couple in Brevard County. They ran well, but any Go Kart 1200 handled much better. TJ