Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wow summers ending and the racing season nearly over
so i haven't posted much for a long time.
First it was my personal life that effected my ability to post.

Now real life and this crazy year kinda dented my whole summer.

The two races i was going to got missed because a friend had a fever both times just before it was time to go.
So this year may be a complete was for me unless i make it to sandy hook .
something i'm not certain to do but considering.

Anyway i think the rest of you guys managed to get a little track time in.
If you'd be so kind i'd love to hear some comments on where you went and how the events were in these strange times.
d Cool
Dave L.
(09-21-2020, 09:51 AM)David Luciani Wrote: so i haven't posted much for a long time.

The two races i was going to got missed because a friend had a fever both times just before it was time to go.

If you'd be so kind i'd love to hear some comments on where you went and how the events were in these strange times.
d Cool
well lets see,,,,you know me,,,first it was Riverside, always fun to go and hang with the West coast guys,gals...great trip..stopped in Vegas on the way in and back,,

then it was Bushnell, ahhh sunny Florida,,,,( FYI,, no Bushnell next year,,,going back to Jacksonville).....

the then the shi* hit the fan,,,Barnesville was postponed ( in Nov now) ...

then Fremont OMG  May 7.8 and 9,,,SNOW in Northern Ohio,,,,just can't catch a break there....

couldn't make Lafayette,,,Covid crud, travel was tuff,,,,

as usual..New Castle was huge, ppl were pent up tired of the China Virus,

Brodhead was good,,great weather always a good time up in WI...

then Avon,,,took a chance on the travel ban,,,light crowd ,,but still a good time,,ate at the world famous Burger joint,,wow , what a  burger......

Quincy,,,12 hour drive, HOT HOT HOT,   light crowd,,again Covid,, track is being repaved,,should put new blood in the Quincy event....this is the weekend we found out about Pam Nagel being ill,,,,prayers for the family.....

couldn't make Springfield...one of my favorite tracks, but just couldn't do it....

Nicholson, again, East cost,,,,had to avoid it ....

Camden ...great time Jim D and I cooked for the group...good turn out,,ppl are now realizing its not as bad as we are being told,,,,,

Oreville couldn't make it   

getting burned out by now...DeLmar..man thats a long way,,work got in the way   a couple more coming up...

I will be at Whiteland, Sandy Hook  and Bville

and you say you can't make any....LOL..I get ...but damn...better see you at Sandy Hook...
GW
It's 9/22 and I've yet to even fire an engine on my vintage stuff. Between cleaning up my father's estate this spring, my new garage/shop project, and the 'Rona, it's been a very dismal karting season. Heck, I've only been to the track with my new kart three times! Really hoping next year goes better!
(09-21-2020, 09:51 AM)David Luciani Wrote: so i haven't posted much for a long time.

d Cool
Was all charged up early spring to go run Barnesville, crap-cancelled. Spring Fremont was good for us but as Gary said, snow flurries on Sat! Plenty warm once we got going, had a good race (demonstration)! with Dean D. Then N/C, another good run in sportsman sidewinder. Don't remember what happened to the C-Open why we didn't race it. We ate like kings and had a great time at Brownie's annual event. Next was Camden yet another good run in S/S had an absolute blast running with Mike Giessen. Broke the dual kart again, but it was handling good. Ran the sportsman rear at TBO and again this past w.e. Headed to Whiteland next, then hopefully Barnesville. Can't get enough, would run these things every day if I could.......
Dave,good to hear from you. lora and I went to Lafeyette(only 20 miles from home) and had a ball. I brought the Cates out last year to run with her in Historics with her in her GK 800. Ran all the laps thurs and Fri but Sat rained out. Cates took class win for restored hist,then they voted it peoples choice and while Rolf was taking pics for the Vroom Cates article I won the 50/50. Great weekend. I made it to Avon,Lora had to work, Like Gary said lite turn out but still a great weekend with all the laps you can stand .Scott and Sam always do it up right. Miss you man we are all looking forward to hopefully seeing you next year. God bless and be safe.
(09-24-2020, 12:04 PM)john phippen Wrote: Dave,good to hear from you. lora and I went to Lafeyette(only 20 miles from home) and had a ball. I brought the Cates out last year to run with her in Historics with her in her GK 800. Ran all the laps thurs and Fri but Sat rained out. Cates took class win for restored hist,then they voted it peoples choice and while Rolf was taking pics for the Vroom Cates article I won the 50/50. Great weekend. I made it to Avon,Lora had to work, Like Gary said lite turn out but still a great weekend with all the laps you can stand .Scott and Sam always do it up right. Miss you man we are all looking forward to hopefully seeing you next year. God bless and be safe.

wait a minute...you won 50/50 and didn't buy?????   opps   wait a minute,,,maybe I did have a beverage er two out of yer cooler   after the races ,,of course...opps demonstrations

gw
I thought the season went great, we started with a small group of us doing a track rental at sandy hook, which gave us some time to break in a few fresh motors and get things dialed in. I also put together a kart for my son to rip a few laps around in and he had a blast.
Then we strolled up to Lafayette and although it rained on day two that track is so much fun and the wine and cheese tent was so delicious the rain didn’t bother me at all.
The third time out brought us to Avon and with great hosts like Scott and sam how could you not have a great time. The weather was perfect and there was a ton of great track time.
Then it was off to Chestertown, this was the first track I ever raced on so how could the weekend be bad.
And now I am super excited for the last race back to where we started from, sandy hook.
Gary you  didn't make Lafeyette or I would have bought, but yes we had some beverages together at Avon.
We knew it was going to be a different season. We weren't going to travel far this year. I was injured early in the season when I got a table saw kick back on some .063 alum while making an alum West Bend head shroud. Off to the hospital I went. Missed the main artery by thousandths of an inch but did cut almost half way through the tendon. 4 week wrist brace. Got that off and went to Sugar river over and over for practice. I went one time to many. Went to leave a friends pit after practice and stepped backward into a side pod of a modern kart and fell over backwards and landed on my pelvic on top the engine on the other side. Fractured! I was at the Sugar River Boadhead event but only in person. Super pain just being there. 8 weeks later I was at Quincy and raced just the SASW class and it hurt to do so. Made it to Delmar and raced the C open rear. Fought engine gremlins all weekend and was not in racing shape. Still total numbness in the pelvic area but at least i don't have pain. Now it's off to Delmar in the morning for a practice session. We are done for the year except for fun at practice days
I haven't been to an event in 2 years. Between cleaning out and selling our home of 23 years (it's amazing how much crap you can accumulate in that time), buying a new permanent residence in South Carolina and a summer place in New Jersey, and trying to make both houses livable, I've been busier than the proverbial one-armed paperhanger! But all my karting stuff is all lovingly stored in the attic of the garage in NJ, and hopefully I'll have time next summer to get it down and blow the cobwebs out of a couple of engines. Hope to see you guys at one of the late summer events.

Bill Peck