Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need I D on parts please.

.jpg   HPIM2158.JPG (Size: 1.37 MB / Downloads: 74)

Looking to I D 2 head and an intake adapter plate, any one know what these are?
Thanks,
Mark L./SWNY

The larger head has a recessed 3 inch I D 

see both pictures

Attached Files
.jpg   HPIM2159.JPG (Size: 1.38 MB / Downloads: 49)
Top left looks like a head for BM. Except for the recess. Right is top plate for pyramid reed adapter for Mc 5,6,7 and 10. The Reed Engineering head fits a Power Products AH-58 if dome measures about 2 1/8". If 2 1/2" then fits PP AH-82.
PP82 didn't have a removable head unless someone, like Hank Rotroff cut it off. TJ
Thank you for your response;

TOP LEFT:
The BM heads use an 8mm stud to mount head, these holes are either ¼” or for 6mm.(.260”)
Also the overall width of this head is 4&7/8” diameter, smaller than the BM heads.
The spark plug hole looks like it’s for long reach B9ES or N-2.
Top of the plughole to the deck is 1.300”.
CTC mount holes are 1.313” approx.
Weighs 1-pound 1.55ozs

The Reed Engineering head has a 2.083" diameter going into cylinder.
(09-18-2020, 10:05 AM)ted johnson Wrote: PP82 didn't have a removable head unless someone, like Hank Rotroff cut it off. TJ
All of mine have removable heads. Some four hole and some eight hole.
still wanting to I D the head in the top left, hopefully the specs I gave on it will help tell what engine used this.
thanks and Happy New Year.
Regards,
Mark L./SWNY
(01-01-2021, 09:30 AM)Mark Loraine Wrote: still wanting to I D the head in the top left, hopefully the specs I gave on it will help tell what engine used this.
thanks and Happy New Year.
Regards,
Mark L./SWNY
It might be an Atomik, which looked similar to a BM.
If memory serves, the PCR Atomik had the outer head fins in a radial pattern, like the later Komets, not standing straight up like a BM or a Yamaha. The head you show looks like a BM, or Atlas, but it has been a lot of years since I had one apart.
Also, we serviced many PP-82 engines, at our kart shop, and my buddy, Charlie Craibe ran two of them on the Bug Scorp he bought from my Pop. All of the 82's I ever saw, except the custom ones like Hank Rotroff and Jeff Campbell owned, had integral heads. Hank had an old machinist near his Ohio home to cut the heads off, then they drilled and tapped the cylinder for screws. I will try to attach a bad pic of a later 82 I grabbed from Photo Bucket. You can easily see there are no head bolts. When Hank, Jeff and others added the removable head,. usually with fins, often with a girdle setup to keep the weak cylinder on the case, they had to cut a crescent out of the head shroud for clearance. Of course, a number of the hot 82's like Hanks, had boost ports cut in from the open top of the cylinder. Charlie's 82's had integral heads, but all the pix I have of the Scorp back then were from the front of the kart. Ted

Attached Files
.jpg   ah82_pp.jpg (Size: 66.31 KB / Downloads: 8)
(01-05-2021, 07:31 PM)ted johnson Wrote: If memory serves, the PCR Atomik had the outer head fins in a radial pattern, like the later Komets, not standing straight up like a BM or a Yamaha. The head you show looks like a BM, or Atlas, but it has been a lot of years since I had one apart.
Also, we serviced many PP-82 engines, at our kart shop, and my buddy, Charlie Craibe ran two of them on the Bug Scorp he bought from my Pop. All of the 82's I ever saw, except the custom ones like Hank Rotroff and Jeff Campbell owned, had integral heads. Hank had an old machinist near his Ohio home to cut the heads off, then they drilled and tapped the cylinder for screws. I will try to attach a bad pic of a later 82 I grabbed from Photo Bucket. You can easily see there are no head bolts. When Hank, Jeff and others added the removable head,. usually with fins, often with a girdle setup to keep the weak cylinder on the case, they had to cut a crescent out of the head shroud for clearance. Of course, a number of the hot 82's like Hanks, had boost ports cut in from the open top of the cylinder. Charlie's 82's had integral heads, but all the pix I have of the Scorp back then were from the front of the kart. Ted

I have an Atomik, and the head looks really similar to the BM, i.e. the fins are the same type, parallel fins sticking straight up; it's a little flatter on the top, tho.
I'd include a pic but it's with my engine builder. Maybe it's an older (or newer) version with different fins than the radial ones you remember..
Speaking of Atomik.....I have a ATK which I assume stands for AtomiK? and it does have a radial - sun burst fin design.
Sure would like to find a piston and ring for it, as I recall caliper measurement at the top was like 50.18mm, although a bore gauge measurement will likely say different. I also believe it was a reed induction. (Havent seen it for a few years and need to dig it out soon!)
Thanks Guys,
Regards,
Mark L./SWNY