Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro/Engineer Wildfire guru
Bruce, I was Saturn I, Saturn V Apollo, Skylab, Shuttle and a tiny bit of what later became Space Launch Systems. Of course, I was on the drafting board until '88, when I was at Webster Fluid Power in Racine, WI. We bought Unigraphics II wireframe/surfacing CAD. We didn't use Y-14.5 at Kennedy in the old days. Webster (later Danfoss) sent two of us to UWM to learn GD&T. The shop guys simply ignored it. What the heck, they'd been at hydraulic gear pumps/motors for many years, and they knew very well what was needed to make things fit and work together. My Ex-wife worked at Bendix Aerospace at Kennedy. Ron Cubel worked for Honeywell for years in Arizona. I've been at a bunch of aerospace and industry places. I miss CAD as well, but at least I have Wildfire 4 here to design kart parts. The last three karts were built on WF 4.0. Thanks for the tutorial! Ted Idea
BTW, I sold the Swoopster to Mike Berg. He couldn't fit in it, either. I think Mike sold it to Lynn Haddock. I still have all the rough sketches we made from Ron Cubel's original Swoopster. A whole weekend of nothing but measuring.