Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grumpy Dave
(07-24-2020, 12:51 PM)David Luciani Wrote: arrrghhhh,
 rigp was on my must go this year.

not in lock down no fever or anything covid , my friend may just have had a summer cold.
i am thinking on moving but not instantly. 

i did just sell my duplex rental. 
got enough money to almost break even on capital investment.
we got caught out in 06 when the housing market crashed.
couldn't sell then would've lost significant cash capital.

so i went to long game that is just now finishing early because covid spiked the ct housing market.
new yorkers are buying everything that comes up for sale right now and paying good money.
i asked for what i needed to break even , which was well over rough appraisal and it sold in 28 hours.

no profit and no labor return for me but i'm good with that result.
the time drain maintaining it for 14 years is gone , which is great.

of course now i need a new home for my big machines.
it took three intense days to move all the construction equipment and big machines off site.
the mill and bandsaw are still on trailer am gonna finish up that then figure out whats next.

am considering robbing some of my capital and building a shop .
but since i may be vacating ct. i need to run numbers first and see if that makes sense in a future sale.

anyway am hoping to get back to vintage kart stuff miss going to the events alot.

David....

glad to hear things are going a bit better....any of you guys coming down for the at event in Fremont on labor day???? you, Mike, Ted ???? our annual PARTY...gonna have a fish fry on Thursday night at my house Sept 3... everyone is invited, will just need a general head count...

not only was RIGP cancelled, but Commercial Point also was cancelled.....bummer

GW
GW, unfortunately, it's just too far from AZ to Fremont. I don't feel well enough these days to make the trip. I hope everyone has fun. We're hoping to do our November event at the big P1 track in Tucson. Bob Kurkowski made it here last year, and it was great to see him. We'll see if the medical situation allows us to run this year. Ted
(07-26-2020, 09:00 AM)ted johnson Wrote: GW, unfortunately, it's just too far from AZ to Fremont. I don't feel well enough these days to make the trip. I hope everyone has fun. We're hoping to do our November event at the big P1 track in Tucson. Bob Kurkowski made it here last year, and it was great to see him. We'll see if the medical situation allows us to run this year. Ted

Ted...

yep unfortunately many of us are getting up there with many different issues.....my hip has been killing me ,,,so it has slowed me down considerably,,,,,,

you, Al and yer whole group have always been a great asset to Vintage Karting....

you'll be back,,,,and I just may have to make that trip to AZ .....lets see , I got an old gal pal out there some where....HUMMMM

gw
Well, Gary, the Tucson event is nowhere near as grand as Fremont, but we get some good karts. Like TBO, just fun, no racing. The track is great and smooooth. We have a very good time out here. Guys come from New Mex., AZ, Cali, sometimes Oregon, and we have one faithful guy who comes from Idaho. It's a very good time. If Pruit gets time to get his Go Kart 800 with the FA Konig one of these days, that'll be fun to watch and drive. We get even a sidewinder or two. Larry Brown sometimes brings his Emmick/TT75 Parilla. It's quick. The guys respect one another and there's no rough driving at all. Ted
no rigp = then it'll be tbo. 
kinda a no brainer.
not sure about ted.
might be a struggle to have a kart running.
haven't looked at my gear in over two years.
d Cool
Dave L.
(07-29-2020, 08:30 PM)David Luciani Wrote: no rigp = then it'll be tbo. 
kinda a no brainer.
not sure about ted.
might be a struggle to have a kart running.
haven't looked at my gear in over two years.
d Cool

TBO is an annual addiction for me.  I don't drag a kart up from Florida.  There are always finds that can't be passed up.  Mr. Max Torque, Gary, and their team always cook up something special.  Visiting, bench racing, and (occasionally) exaggerating past racing performance are icing on the cake.

Smokey