Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Jerry Solt
I hear Jerry passed away on the 18th,,has been in ill health for many years,,,,,,if you ever met him, you will nerve forget him,,the guy was way ahead of his time....he and his dad had a really small shop in Findlay Ohio but had a huge impact on karting in the MidWest...super light weight , great handling karts...I remember running an SAE on 3 different tracks in the same week ,,,dirt oval, paved oval and road course...same gear, same tires, same motor,,,and won ....pretty often   ..

Even in the last few years he would show up at a couple different local events ..always respected....by most, feared by others....

he will be missed

gw
(07-19-2020, 10:44 AM)Gary Wlodarsky Wrote: I hear Jerry passed away on the 18th,,has been in ill health for many years,,,,,,if you ever met him, you will nerve forget him,,the guy was way ahead of his time....he and his dad had a really small shop in Findlay Ohio but had a huge impact on karting in the MidWest...super light weight , great handling karts...I remember running an SAE on 3 different tracks in the same week ,,,dirt oval, paved oval and road course...same gear, same tires, same motor,,,and won ....pretty often   ..

Even in the last few years he would show up at a couple different local events ..always respected....by most, feared by others....

he will be missed

gw

RIP Jerry

Bob Alexander
Jerry was a fine man. I used to see him at Fremont. Always with a helping hand for engineering questions. Maybe he can get The Lord on an SAE. Ted
Is this the same Solt or son of, that made parts for the Continental engines on quarter midgets?
http://www.vroomkart.com/news/37552/in-m...-july-2020
Jerry Solt at the 2014 REARs' TBO!

.jpeg   20140830 Solt TBO.jpeg (Size: 278.53 KB / Downloads: 24)

Jerry in the news...

.jpg   PW_KM 196104 p71 63 end Solt Rupp.jpg (Size: 2.12 MB / Downloads: 26)

Article on early open kart build...

.jpeg   PW_KM 196108 p44 45 Yamaha SAE Solt Sassy.jpeg (Size: 1.44 MB / Downloads: 27)

S.A.E. Spider...

.jpg   PW_KM 196108 Solt Spider083.jpg (Size: 2.39 MB / Downloads: 24)