Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pto centering
Brad, looks good!

Your mount straddles the frame rail, so I'm a fan of the sway-bar bushing method (see above) but it looks like your chassis may already have a perch for a biscuit mount.  They work, for sure.

Only other comment.  If you don't need to attach the mount with flat-head screws (i.e., for clearance to the clutch), I would use hex head bolts (better yet, hex-flanged, if you have room) instead.  There's a ton of vibration so the bolts need to be kept tight, and the tiny hex recesses in those flat-head screws are way too easy to strip out.

I realize that that'll mean making a new plate.

If you need flat heads for the clearance, I suggest using screws with Torx recesses rather than hex.  If I have a choice, I try to avoid hex recesses, especially in flat- and button-head screws!

Either way, make sure you show us how it turns out!
thanks for reply i think shock absorber cushions and washers is the way i will go i already drill the hole with
much care and it came out O K too late for the u bolt didn't know of it
Richard Stamile
Oceanside NY.
Since you can't move your engine up and down to adjust the chain, if the crank's centered on the axle, adjustment will be a PAIN! Do not use rubber under the engine mount to the kart mount. Palmini and others used to use fat rubber washers under the engine mount, but this practice was discontinued. Rubber from front of a swing mount to frame rail is O.K., but tests done years ago proved that rubber that absorbs engine vibration also absorbs horsepower. I use a link made of a male and female Heim joint screwed together to snub the front end of a swing mount or gearbox to the frame. It seems to work well. I've been using this setup now for ten years or more. TJ
Thanks Doug!
 Those screws are just for setup. I have the hex head screw for it. 

I don’t plan on using any type of rubber under my mount. You cannot see it in the picture but there is a piece of 1 inch ID rubber heater hose under the front of that swing mount around the cross section of the frame. The bolt you see is welded to a piece of steel tube cut in half to form a u shape that wraps under the piece of heater hose.
Makes sense, Brad. You are always on the side of common sense. The simple solution is usually the best solution. TJ
here is how i am with the engine looks like it will line up with the sprocket
making some headway with this project

Attached Files
.jpg   P1020287.JPG (Size: 4.23 MB / Downloads: 25)
.jpg   P1020284.JPG (Size: 4.44 MB / Downloads: 13)
.jpg   P1020283.JPG (Size: 4.43 MB / Downloads: 18)
.jpg   P1020285.JPG (Size: 4.08 MB / Downloads: 14)
Richard Stamile
Oceanside NY.
Looks great!
 Appears you have some movement to the rear if you have to.

Curious what color of paint that is on that kart?
yes i just placed the motor on it to check i am all the way forward and that places the pto
slightly ahead of the sprocket or i can have it in line, that mount raises or lowers for the chain adjustment

The paint code is GM-USA code228m Salsa Red Met 2005-2008 year i think its close to one of colors
the company may have used, only going by pic's on the web the monitor on my pc it could be way off
but i liked it and thought it was a good choice
that motor mount is the Azusa one with a fab front extension so it would reach that cross tube i never had the original Blitz
mount seams like they used a few different types
Richard Stamile
Oceanside NY.
(05-27-2020, 12:27 PM)Richard Stamile Wrote: here is how i am with the engine looks like it will line up with the sprocket

Richard, with the vertical slots for chain tensioning, it doesn't make a rat's a$$ whether the crank is directly above the axle or not. You're covered. TJ
(05-27-2020, 01:53 PM)ted johnson Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 12:27 PM)Richard Stamile Wrote: here is how i am with the engine looks like it will line up with the sprocket

Richard, with the vertical slots for chain tensioning, it doesn't make a rat's a$$ whether the crank is directly above the axle or not. You're covered. TJ

Thanks Ted, i am learning here another question  where do you buy good quality chain back in the youth days i think i remember DID chain i #35
 maybe a mower small engine shop ?
Richard Stamile
Oceanside NY.