Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a small Thank You to everyone involved
Thumbs Up 
I have been involved in NHRA for way too long, and I got started in karts in the 1980's mostly with WKA, and since I have gotten the Bug Stinger "Time Capsule" and have been talking with people about it, I have found out several things. One, most everyone I have talked with on the phone has kept me on the line for a MINIMUM of 30 minutes offering suggestions, advice, and some good old bench racing! Love this! Two, anyone I have been in contact with that is involved in Vintage karting are some of the friendliest people that I have met! Without a doubt way more friendly and pleasant that the people that I deal with running the Clone Sit Up Sprint in WKA. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that everyone in WKA is a butthole, far from it, but there is too much "competitive-ness" and it is hard to get started or find out information.
I'm working on restoring the Stinger and putting it back to as close to original as I can, and I just wanted to say "Thank You" to everyone that I have talked with so far, on the phone, via email, on Facebook, and here on the forums and I'm looking forward to talking to quite a few more people in the future! Without a doubt Vintage karters have to be the nicest people involved in karting that I have found. Even if I don't get the "Time Capsule" finished, I still have the 74/75 Coyote Laydown with the K88 that I can bring out to an event, and if nothing else, spend some more time with some of the friendliest people in karting! My hats off to you fine people!
Jeff
Jeff....

and that is why many have returned to Vintage karting.....I've been back at it for app 10 years,,,there is not a better group of guys,gals to hang with,,,, sharing info,,,no problem, need help, no problem,,,parts , no problem....

I personally enjoy the heck out out everyone involved in this part of Karting ...

If I can help you out,,feel free to contact me...

Gary
I have to echo GW's sentiments. Vintage folk are a great group. I was lucky enough to have connections with K&P from the very early days of karting, and I bought one of their first repop Bug Sprints. Folks like Ron Cubel, Pruit Ginsberg, Dean Kanocz, Terry Ives, Larry Brown, Dave Bonbright, Hank and Marylin Rotroff, Rob Voska, Bob Kurkowski, the late Paul Bennett, my lifelong buddy, Charlie Craibe and a host of others, yes, including GW himself have made my older years far richer than they would have been without Vintage Karting. Thank you to the sport and the people! Ted
Have to agree, most of the people I have posted up to on the vintage sites are great. One thing I am curious about. You mentioned your 74/75 Coyote enduro kart. I am not aware of the Coyote enduro being made that early. Can you share some info on that kart? Is it a Coyote Products chassis? They are located in New York and owned by Wayne Wispelaere. Really nice guy for a yankee. The Komet K88 was competitive from its inception in 1966 until 1989 when the PCR Atomic reed motor made its debut. The newer versions of Komet were K-78(1973) and later the K-80(1980). Basically all the same with minor improvements. I raced them thru 1988 then finally retired and started running the Yamaha KT 100. They dominated the circuit during their production run.
Hey Terry, The Coyote is a copy of the Red Devil karts from that time frame, just a few little tweaks on it are different, like the motor mount bearing having "COYOTE" cast into it, and the linkage in the back to tie the top and bottom frame rails together. If you PM me your email address, I will be glad to send you a few pictures of the kart since it is kind of hard to get pictures posted here.
Do you know if it is just named Coyote or actually made by Coyote Products?
Hey Terry, from everything I have been told and researched, it was made by Coyote.